Patch 6.0 and the change to Haunted Memento

#1 - Nov. 17, 2014, 6:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Just a general discussion thread for people to voice their opinions and thoughts on the change made to the LK item "Haunted Memento".

For those of you who haven't noticed, didn't know about the change, or never owned one in the first place...
The item used to cause an untargettable black wraith to follow the owner around constantly, with a buff placed on them. NOW, the item randomly gives the player this same buff, but for only 15 seconds at a time.

I personally hope Blizzard revokes this change, and returns the item back to its original functionality. I miss always having my ghostly pal following me around, and when the short-lived buff does come up, I'm usually doing something and don't even notice it happening.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#149 - Jan. 9, 2015, 2:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It was the #1 source of creature spawns within the game, which was causing server performance degradation, and during launch we changed its behavior as one of many tweaks to help recoup some server headroom. Due to the ongoing demand on the game service (and likelihood of similar demands in future expansion launches) we're not currently planning to revert it to its old behavior.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#153 - Jan. 9, 2015, 2:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/08/2015 06:52 PMPosted by Gevurah
01/08/2015 06:47 PMPosted by Bashiok
It was the #1 source of creature spawns within the game, which was causing server performance degradation

The #1 source of creature spawns in the entire game? /boggle

That's a lot of haunting.

I know, right? Kind of impressive actually.