I propose an "Armory" function for WoW!!!

#1 - Jan. 9, 2015, 12:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Transmogrification has proven itself to be hugely popular, and is clearly here to stay. When you've been playing a game for over a decade, pack-space is always going to be an issue. Given that Transmogging wasn't introduced until Cataclysm, that's six years of people being led to believe there was no point into holding onto items, no matter how cool-looking, because they were useless once you replaced them.

There have been a ton of improvements in this expansion, regarding inventory space, but until something is done about transmog-clutter, pack-space will only continue to be an issue. What I propose will probably sound complicated at first, but is really quite simple to grasp.

Replace "Void Storage" entirely. Give everyone a substantial forewarning, and if need be, mail characters any items left in their void storage. In its place, open up a window similar to the "Achievements" window, with various categories on the left side. In the center, place a list of item-graphics being previewed on your character (MogIt users already know the drill here).

Now, in order to "unlock" new items for your Armory, you must "deposit" said item, which effectively destroys it. Doing so, however, unlocks that item's appearance for all characters across your entire account, provided they meet Class and/or Item-type requirements, where applicable. Similarly, you could save "Sets", to easily change your favorite Transmog-set, or even quickly fill in the gaps when replacing pieces of armor.

By using such a system, it could allow Blizzard to finally make many of these NPC-only armor and weapon variants available, as well. Instead of needing to populate the game with hundreds of useless items, that use previously-unavailable graphics, they could instead assign new graphics to Achievements, such as "clearing Deadmines unlocked the Defias Leather set for your Armory".

Furthermore, if possible, perhaps it could unlock all quest-reward graphics, once you've completed them? The Crazy Cenarion Cloak is a common source of complaint, as it is literally the only cloak in the entire game with its unique graphic; instead of having to make due with something else, you could simply level up a new character, acquire it, and then deposit it. Or, maybe you could have its graphic retroactively added to your Armory? Either way; attaining it on a new character, to unlock it for an old one, still beats not being able to acquire it whatsoever.

Obviously, it's a tremendous task, but one that I think would have a huge, HUGE payoff. Between the Toy Box, the Resouce-Bank, and this proposed Armory, I honestly don't think pack-space would ever be an issue again!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#4 - Jan. 9, 2015, 1:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It's something we've been working on for a little while, and have talked about it publicly a bit here and there. It's still in-progress, but no announced release patch/date as of yet.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - Jan. 9, 2015, 1:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/08/2015 05:09 PMPosted by Dissonantia
01/08/2015 05:08 PMPosted by Bashiok
It's something we've been working on for a little while, and have talked about it publicly a bit here and there. It's still in-progress, but no announced release patch/date as of yet.

Since i'm a casual, i'd be willing to sacrifice a raid tier.

Alright everyone vote on the above post up/down, and the result will probably have 0 impact on development.

Or will it!?

It won't.

No???

No.

Hrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm????

¯\_(ツ)_/¯