Heroics Ruined by quest.

#1 - Dec. 3, 2014, 6:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So apparently in the Everbloom heroic, the quest item is grab-able before the first boss. So for the last 3 times i Que'd for it the tank would pull all the way to the item, and drop along with the healer. The first few times I just left after 10 minutes and re-queued. Well now I got tired of this so me and a hunter have been sitting in queue for 30 more minutes in this instance.

That is 90 minutes just waiting to get into a group to start the heroic, and another 50+ just to do the first boss.

So please for the love of God hot fix the item to appear behind the last boss. All i need is the first 2 bosses anyway, but this is ridiculous.

EDIT: THEY FIXED IT
12/03/2014 11:41 AMPosted by Rygarius
We're aware of this behavior and have been working on a hotfix that's currently being tested to address this. To encourage players to stick around, quests received from the Garrison Inn will receive an additional condition to defeat the final boss of the instance.

Now this might suck for the people wanting to just grab the item and leave, but I guess they could counter this by increasing the reward for the quest. Sorry, but it's not fair to others to have to wait 30 minutes to do a heroic just so you can benefit.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#53 - Dec. 3, 2014, 7:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/03/2014 10:26 AMPosted by Surrepti
So apparently in the Everbloom heroic, the quest item is grab-able before the first boss. So for the last 3 times i Que'd for it the tank would pull all the way to the item, and drop along with the healer. The first few times I just left after 10 minutes and re-queued. Well now I got tired of this so me and a hunter have been sitting in queue for 30 more minutes in this instance.

That is 90 minutes just waiting to get into a group to start the heroic, and another 50+ just to do the first boss.

So please for the love of God hot fix the item to appear behind the last boss. All i need is the first 2 bosses anyway, but this is ridiculous.

We're aware of this behavior and have been working on a hotfix that's currently being tested to address this. To encourage players to stick around, quests received from the Garrison Inn will receive an additional condition to defeat the final boss of the instance.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#294 - Dec. 3, 2014, 10:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
For individuals bristling at the impact that this change will have; a quest that sends a character to a dungeon now requiring the character to actually complete said dungeon is not that much of a stretch.

Adding a reminder to please observe the Code of Conduct when posting to the forums. Some of the words being used, I do not think it means what you think it means.