Seal of Tempered Fate Explanation

#1 - Dec. 2, 2014, 7:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This is my understanding of how acquiring the new seals work, if I'm not mistaken. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

-You may only acquire 3 seals per week through purchasing them or through the Dwarven Bunker/War Mill.
-Missions rewarding seals are excluded from this limit (https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/539857576377085952).
-The cost for purchasing each seal are:
__________________1st___2nd___3rd
Apexis Crystals:_____1000 / 2000 / 4000
Garrison Resources:__300 / 600 / 1200
Gold:______________500 / 1000 / 2000
Honor Points:________500 / 1000 / 2000

-EDIT#2: Apparently, it's implied in Bashiok's post that seal purchases don't increase in price regardless of currency. If you purchase your first seal in honor points, your second purchase made in any other currency will remain at the first-tier pricing. However, a second purchase made in honor points will cost more than the original.
-EDIT:
Your Bunker/Mill Seal doesn't count toward any purchases, it brings you closer to your weekly purchase cap, however.

Bunker/Mill Seal+Apexis+Honor = a total cost of 1000 Apexis and 500 Honor
or
Bunker/Mill Seal+1st Apexis+2nd Apexis = 3000 Apexis cost
etc.
-The overall limit (not weekly acquirement limit) is 10.

Thanks, Bashiok!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Dec. 2, 2014, 7:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Looks right to me!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#8 - Dec. 2, 2014, 8:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Oops! Misread.

12/02/2014 11:49 AMPosted by Eryne
-When you use your free seal from your Dwarven Bunker or War Mill it counts toward your overall seal purchase. If you use your free seal from from your Bunker/Mill first you will pay the 2nd seal price from the vendor. Therefore, ideally you would save your free seal for your third seal purchase as this would be the most expensive.

No, your Bunker/Mill Seal doesn't count toward any purchases, it brings you closer to your weekly purchase cap, however.

or
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#10 - Dec. 2, 2014, 8:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Oops! Misread.

-When you use your free seal from your Dwarven Bunker or War Mill it counts toward your overall seal purchase. If you use your free seal from from your Bunker/Mill first you will pay the 2nd seal price from the vendor. Therefore, ideally you would save your free seal for your third seal purchase as this would be the most expensive.

No, your Bunker/Mill Seal doesn't count toward any purchases, it brings you closer to your weekly purchase cap, however.

or
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#15 - Dec. 2, 2014, 8:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Oops! Misread.

or
etc.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#29 - Dec. 2, 2014, 8:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/02/2014 12:11 PMPosted by Elv
So if you use different currencies, the cost isn't doubled?

Correct. Each successive purchase within a single currency increases the price. You could buy all three of the cheapest currencies if you want. And that's the intent, spread your time around doing lots of different things and you can get them all at their cheapest.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#30 - Dec. 2, 2014, 8:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/02/2014 12:16 PMPosted by Antipasto
Haha, Blue scared me.

To be clear, the OP was incorrect.

I thought they were giving an example of buying along a single currency. :P Sorry.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#42 - Dec. 2, 2014, 9 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/02/2014 12:22 PMPosted by Merciless
Why does 500g = 500 honor? Yet we're only given 35 silver per honor as stated by Lore.

[quote]So, before Warlords Season 1 begins on December 2nd, we’ll be converting any remaining Conquest points into Honor, similar to the end-of-season conversions we’ve done in the past. Any excess Honor over the 4000-point cap will be converted into gold at 35 silver per Honor.

Giving gold for a removed or excess currency isn't a valuation, it's a consolation prize.