Ashran

#1 - Nov. 17, 2014, 9:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Its been 4 days and I have yet to see whats in that island outside of my main base.

This event is greatly unbalanced as it allows one side with 5 players to be farmed by a group of 100 enemies with a giant unkillable tree.

In my server (and as I've seen, on many others as well) this is a serious issue. From what I've been hearing, the only time in my server the Horde could push the alliance out of our base, it lasted for like 5 minutes until they brought that giant tree again.

Why has something like this made its way into Live servers? There's no protection whatsoever to keep 100-man raids (and a giant tree) from endlessly farming the other side and getting Conquest gear (why is this largely one-sided event granting Conquest points still amazes me).

Let me put this straight. The PvP season hasn't even started and there are already alliance players in my realm with almost half of their 660 Conquest gear (including 660 weapons, due to a recently fixed bug) and of course the rest of their gear is full 620 Honor. And we cannot even buy Honor pieces because the PvP vendors are part of the Ashran objective, and they are being constantly camped and killed along with us.

Seriously. This will already be an horrible start of season. Don't make it even worse. This needs to stop. ASAP.

PS: Yes, as I've figured, my server isn't by far the only one with this issue.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15270568638?page=1
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - Nov. 17, 2014, 10:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're currently investigating and working on fixes for a number of issues with Ashran, including players being able to collect extra Conquest points and, in some cases, Conquest gear.

We've already applied a fix for the Honor vendors: Austin Feeney in Stormshield and Shadow Hunter Gar'ant in Warspear are now selling Honor gear in addition to the vendors inside the Ashran staging areas. Players on high population realms should be able to purchase their Honor gear from them instead of needing to wait in the Ashran queue.

Work is continuing around the clock, and we're doing our best to make sure we have a smooth start to the Arena/RBG season on December 2nd.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#31 - Nov. 17, 2014, 11:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/17/2014 02:54 PMPosted by Vac
Ok but what about the servers like Uldum that cant even get into Ashran? Since the expac hit if you try to go in you get "Transfer Aborted: Cross Realm Zone down".

We believe we've isolated the issue causing this and are working on a fix.