GameStop isn't doing a midnight release!

#1 - Nov. 10, 2014, 7:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have the CE pre-ordered at my local GameStop and when I paid it off last week I was told there would be a midnight release.

Was informed today there will not be one and have to wait until store opens at 10am on Thursday.

For any other game that would be fine but this is WoW and time lost matters.

Everyone might want to check their local stores if you have a hard copy on order.

I really want the Artbook and etc with the Hard Copy - been doing that for years but if GameStop does this its a bad business tactic because Im more likely right now to cancel my order and get the DE then buy a used CE set for the items. More money for Blizz and less for them.

It might be area to area due to the digital sales of the game but still...

Anyone else having to wait?

-Edit-

I'm waiting. Why? Beucase I love a Collector's Editions over Digital Editions. I hate the fact so many games have made it preferred to get a digital copy. I love collecting and seeing my collection and bonding with people over it.

I'm going to wait I was posting originally because this was a huge issue for me. My Game Stop ahs done a Midnight Release for years and I've always gone. The local WoW'rs always have a
BBQ and big party while we wait. So the thought of missing that made me sad.

I understand it's not a huge loss of time but I couldn't get time off work for this release.

WoW is my family bonding game. My parents and I play together. My dad is a hardcore player. Losing that time hurt a lot.

My conclusion from this event? Blizzard needs to release a purchase option where I can order the Collector's Edition to be shipped to my house but the code is used ASAP onto my account so I don't have to wait.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#136 - Nov. 13, 2014, 5:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Whuttup! There's already a thread on this topic with a really excellent reply from a guy that's super handsome and strong: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15142715186?page=5#100