I can't beleieve nobody asked these questions

#0 - Aug. 23, 2009, 6:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Nobody asked about Garrosh taking the horde.. Metzen alluded to the possibility, but no direct confirmation

Nobody asked about the lore behind the class additions to the races.. Metzen only mentioned it should be RPed when someone asked aabout NE Mages.. so does that mean Blizz isn't going to offer an explanation for some of the more bizarre and unlikely combination like Troll Druids?

Nobody asked about the death of Carine at Garrrosh's hands and there was a concept art of Cairne helping Thrall rescue horde children from the after effects of the Cataclysm so...will it happen?

The leaks turned out to be completely accurate about the systems, but nothing was said about the lore.. there wasn't even a lore panel.. Blizz pls clarify these points
#61 - Aug. 23, 2009, 9:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Something that must be understood is that the concept of lore, the fabric and reasoning of the world our characters inhabit, is a fluid and changing thing. It is neither static nor rigid, and with the advent of the cataclysm, you can be assured changes will occur. This means that what has been true in the past may not be so in the coming time. Note that I'm not talking about retcons; the past is the past. This is an evolving story, however, and that means change and adaptation.

The introduction of lore to handle some of those changes has already begun with patch 3.2, and it will continue. We have every intention of remaining true to what has come before while providing an understanding of how things will change. It's unlikely we'll touch on everything with the same depth, as some choices are considered more unusual than others; those cases are what will get the most attention.

The face of the world may be changing, but we do so not only with an appreciation of the lore but the drive to further the story of the world. We do so with the concerns of the playerbase in mind, as well.

Patience. :)
#149 - Aug. 23, 2009, 11:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
But NE mages? I'm sorry that is going to need quite a hefty explanation as to why Night Elves become ok with Arcane magic.

The beginning of this is on the PTR. Incidentally, however, I don't recall humans at large being accepting and understanding of fel magic, yet warlocks can be found among them.
#155 - Aug. 23, 2009, 11:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The explanations we give will by and large be faction-specific.