Blizzcon is the end of blizzard for me

#1 - Nov. 7, 2014, 7:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm typing this from my hotel in Anaheim. After waiting all this time and 2 grand spent on this vacation, blizzard spits right in my face. I came here with my wife and 8 RL friends, meeting up with many people from the game. After a fun night of pre blizzcon partying we wake up and go stand in line early to save 18 ish spots for everyone for the main stage. After all that wait, we are rewarded with decent seats but more importantly we are all together. My wife has medical issues and needs water, so I go walk over to the vendor and pick up 4 bottles of water after 30 mins in a line for that, only to walk back and see that the main stage is closed. They will not for any reason let anyone in. No warning that it might happen just a line no one can cross.

I try to explain I have a seat and my wife needs water due to medical issues. They don't care. I get told by a blizzard employee and a security guard if I don't like it I can leave. I text my wife and tell her what's going on. I get several texts from my friends saying she is crying. I had to save up all year for this trip. Every last dime of disposable income so I can come to this con ( number 5 for me) only to be told I can't watch the show, hear the announcements, be with my friends and family, all because YOU blizzard wants more and more money, and you don't care how. So now you ruined the one vacation I get this year, and turned this in to a trip from hell.

DON'T sell tickets for something that's not available.

So after being told to F off I go down to the ticking area to try to talk to some one at blizzard, I get a supervisor who tells me to talk to security and he can do nothing. So I ask for a refund, all sales are final. The disrespect and hurt I got from this company is so disturbing, so sickening, that I don't even want to play your games anymore. 2weeks after wow launched I swapped from Everquest. 6 copies of Warcraft 2 and 3 so I can host LAN parties. Lost Vikings is still in my retro video game box. 5 blizzcon's. You people originally said this was for the players not the money. Swag bags got cheaper and worse every year, no beta keys, and now you are selling tickets to people and not letting them attend.

I hope you understand how much this game means to people. How it's not about the game but the people. And how you took the one thing I have been looking forward to and turned it in to one of the worst experiences in my life.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#126 - Nov. 7, 2014, 8:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm closing the thread because there simply isn't anything more to discuss.

Our entire community department of dozens are here at the Community Corner booth, and if anyone here at BlizzCon would like to come see us, we're here for you and we want to make sure you have a good time.