Changes coming to the WoW forums Nov. 12

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Nov. 6, 2014, 1:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
On November 12 at 6:00 p.m. PST, we will be closing the following sub-forums permanently:

Tech & Science
Books & Comics
Raid & Guild Leadership
Community Events & Creations

Update Nov. 12 17:25 PST -- The Class Roles sub-forums will remain unchanged.

Additionally, the Fan Fiction forum will be merged into the World's End Tavern forum at that time.

We will also be opening some new sub-forums immediately thereafter, with the launch of Warlords of Draenor.

We suggest that you save any content in any sub-forum (that you wish to keep a copy of) as soon as possible.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#142 - Nov. 6, 2014, 6:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/05/2014 06:39 PMPosted by Aisó
You can't downvote blue posts? What is this nonsense.

A rule that has been in place since votes were added to these forums.

It keeps players from making it harder for other players to see what Blizzard representatives are saying.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#170 - Nov. 6, 2014, 8:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Are the role boards getting consolidated or removed?

They are being removed.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#173 - Nov. 6, 2014, 8:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/06/2014 03:22 AMPosted by Exorrt
The worst part is that blizz simply didn't tell us which ones are being added. Why?

The new sub-forums have nothing to do with the sub-forums that we're retiring.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#182 - Nov. 6, 2014, 9:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/06/2014 10:35 AMPosted by Hellmarsh

I would love to see Connected Realms merged into one forum. I think this may bring back players to the official forums if they can actually interact with players they may see, with so many dead servers after cata, most server forums have been dead, and continue to be so. Merging the forums as well would increase that participation, or at least the actual and perceived concurrency of players actively participating.
!

I would also like to see Connected Realms merged into one forum.

We are working on precisely that.

I'll make a separate announcement about it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#191 - Nov. 6, 2014, 9:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please be assured that we've read every single post here and compiled your feedback and shared it -- it's the reason I created this single discussion thread in the first place.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#617 - Nov. 13, 2014, 1:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/12/2014 04:47 PMPosted by Tiakatt
This thread is full of precisely the kind of feedback they always claim is most valuable.... It's been a good thread, it's been mostly constructive. People have given reasons both relating to their own personal experiences and relating to logistics. The thread is nearly unanimous in those reasons.

Agreed.

The three Class Roles sub-forums will remain open.

I've removed and/or amended previous announcements regarding these three sub-forums.

I will also be expanding the 'sticky' posts at the top of each.