Colorblind Shaders 6.0.2

#1 - Oct. 16, 2014, 11:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have Protanomaly strong protan (not being able to see red shades or not at all), now this is something very irratating when playing wow without the shader for it, now in patch 6.0.2 my shaders have turned off, i havent found a post about this nor any details if its been disabled or not.. anyways the old command was /console colorblindshader 2 now it doesnt work, if anyone could bother testing it, let me know, or if it doesnt work if anyone has insight that would be great, thanks :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Oct. 28, 2014, 7:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks for posting! To give some background, the system that the colorblind cvar commands relied upon saw a major overhaul in 6.0.2. The colorblind cvar subsystem—which was a set of debug commands to simulate colorblindness for our testing purposes—was thereby rendered nonfunctional. We’re currently working on a more robust and fully featured colorblind shader system to correct for colorblindness. However, that work is still ongoing, and it will be in a patch sometime after the release of Warlords of Draenor.

In the short term, we've reimplemented the colorblind cvar commands in a beta build that should see the beta test realm soon, and which we expect to be patched into the live game before the release of the expansion. The command has changed to “colorblindSimulator”, but all other settings numbers remain unchanged.