Holy Cows, Clearing up on this Subject.

#0 - Aug. 24, 2009, 8:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Alright, I suppose the initial shock of the whole Tauren pally/priest thing seems a bit peculiar. I mean, they are played off to be pretty tribal. However, I can't really argue with tauren being natural healers, so I suppose 2 more classes that have to option to heal could'nt hurt.

But most people are asking: "Where the heck did they get this idea anyway?!"

Well, I'm thinking Holy Striders.
Yeah, they were a tauren made holy far-seer of sorts that were exceedingly rare, but were mentioned.

Here's a bit of lore
http://www.wowwiki.com/Holy_Strider

I'm a bit excited for all the new class/race mixes, I just like them to have a little backup to them.

Anyon have something additional to add on top of Tauren? or any other Class/Race combos?
#9 - Aug. 24, 2009, 9:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're aware that a few of the new race/class combinations, like Tauren Paladins and Priests, seem a bit out there at first glance. Rest assured there will be explanations as to how the Tauren race came to be these classes, and it won't be "The Naaru did it."

I'm going to remind people here as well that while what has come before in lore is a wonderful basis, you must remember that World of Warcraft is an ongoing story. Cultures can change and adapt. New paths can be found. We're writing these new chapters with respect to what has come before, never fear, but keep in mind that there is great change on the horizon, and many of Azeroth's cultures will reflect that.

Lore isn't static and unchanging. What held true in the past might not in the future. I hope you enjoy the story as it unfolds. :)
#14 - Aug. 24, 2009, 9:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

of course the naaru didnt do it.
the blood elves did.

Nope.
#38 - Aug. 24, 2009, 9:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I can't, I don't read the comic books.

The new race/class lore, as well as lore leading up to the cataclysm, will be in-game. :)
#63 - Aug. 24, 2009, 10:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Will it be raider-only, the way much of the most pivotal lore in the game currently is (a trend that has no signs of changing any time soon, I might add)?

That's not the plan, no.
#78 - Aug. 24, 2009, 10:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Eh, while I have faith Blizzard will go into an explanation, I doubt that it'll be all that good or well executed. It's possible, but I'm taking it with a Volkswagen of salt.

Maybe if they phased in the Tauren Paladin following a patch after they get whatever it is that leads to the Order of the Holy Moo set up and established, but just immediately leaping into the proverbial shoes of the Paladin when the Tauren don't even have a concept of the "Light" at all right now ... ?

Maybe they'll work it in gradually with the upcoming patches, but right now this all seems intensely abrupt and nonsensical.

You're in luck, then... the beginnings are already in the game as it is right now. It's not being sprung all at once. Gradual's the key. :)
#94 - Aug. 25, 2009, 1:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
What you infer from what's in the game currently and what will eventually develop from it may well be two different things. It is, as I said, a gradual thing.

Remember too that cultures do not necessarily have information known by other cultures.

Lastly... where in the world did you get the notion that the robe-wearing Tahu would be a Paladin? ;)