blizz...admit it was a nerf please

#1 - Oct. 15, 2014, 4:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
cmon have some respect blizzard and admit you nerfed player power.

you went out of your way to say so many times that stat squish was not a nerf and that we would be dealing the same percentage of damage to players and delivering the same percentage of healing as we did before the squish.

this is simply not true. fighting lvl 90 elites in a 5 man? since when has it taken several minutes to clear a small pack of trash? SQUISH/NERF

player health dropping 75% after a couple of hits? SQUISH/NERF

healers having to spam heal like crazy and health bars barely ticking up? SQUISH/NERF

healers and tanks are dropping group like crazy...I personally feel disrespected. I was battling lvl 90+ elites yesterday and they were dropping like flies and I could heal everyone with ease, no stress. today lvl 90 elites are destroying the group and I can't keep up with the healing. (yes i have read healing changes to my class and adjusted accordingly). SQUISH/NERF

my lvl 48 prot pally could tank dungeons yesterday and his health bar would barely move. today? healers can't keep me up. (yes i've read changes to my class and adapted accordingly) SQUISH/NERF

Blizzard. Please admit you nerfed player power in complete disregard to what you promised us. Otherwise please fix the tuning issues to allow us to feel as powerful as before...just with smaller numbers which is what we were lead to believe by you all along.

Thank you
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#98 - Oct. 15, 2014, 7:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We've been reading and forwarding feedback regarding this topic and are working on a pass to further squish mob health and damage globally to bring them in-line with how they were in the pre-squish environment.

For instances where fight mechanics were outright one-shotting the party or raid instantly when it didn't do that pre-squish; that is a bug. Please give specific information on the instance/mob/ability (if possible) and report it to the Bug Report forum to help us track it down.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#102 - Oct. 15, 2014, 7:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/15/2014 12:51 PMPosted by Timotay
10/15/2014 12:49 PMPosted by Rygarius
We've been reading and forwarding feedback regarding this topic and are working on a pass to further squish mob health and damage globally to bring them in-line with how they were in the pre-squish environment.

For instances where fight mechanics were outright one-shotting the party or raid instantly when it didn't do that pre-squish; that is a bug. Please give specific information on the instance/mob/ability (if possible) and report it to the Bug Report forum to help us track it down.

Hunters....

I dont think much more feedback than that is needed

We know about that too. That's a balance issue and not related to the stat squish. Please use a more pertinent thread to discuss that topic.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#106 - Oct. 15, 2014, 8:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/15/2014 12:56 PMPosted by Tyrsorym
10/15/2014 12:49 PMPosted by Rygarius

Can you confirm that ToT is in fact, squished?
I tried it last night and we wiped on the first trash. I wasn't sure if it was squished or not, with the confusion and all.

There were instances where some abilities weren't being squished correctly. A number of hotfixes went out late last night to fix it and I'm in the process of going over them (there were many).

Reposting this from Watcher to shed more insight on the squish and stretch.

10/15/2014 12:46 PMPosted by Watcher
10/15/2014 11:57 AMPosted by Lore
We have a hotfix in testing that will adjust creature scaling to better account for the stat squish.

To elaborate a bit, this isn't just about the stat squish. That was actually a relatively straightforward process numerically. But we made three separate changes that all affected the pacing and danger level of legacy content throughout the game:
  • The "stat squish" wherein items from level 60 through Mists of Pandaria dungeon gear were changed to use a linear instead of an exponential scale.
  • Doubling player health, enabling us to remove resilience from PvP and also make damage and healing less "spiky" in general.
  • Removing base points from spells to allow for better scaling and tuning across classes - previously a Frostbolt might have done X damage plus Y% of your spell power; now, in 6.0.2, it just does Z% of your spell power.

Any tuning issues that are being seen, particularly in level-up content (especially dungeons), aren't a result of the squish alone but rather the combination of all three changes. We've been following data and feedback closely, and are testing internally the change that Lore mentioned, which should hopefully be deployed within a day or so (it will require server restarts). In the meantime, if there are particular creature abilities that you encounter that seem disproportionately deadly, it's quite helpful to keep pointing those out.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#109 - Oct. 15, 2014, 8:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/15/2014 01:00 PMPosted by Overdossed
If we knew anyone was reading the hunter issues we might respond a bit more... How about bm pets getting destroyed by almost every mob. How about the gutting of our skills that were constantly used and leaving in things like aspect of the goober... I personally love the squish but its made my hunter almost unplayable so what should I do ?

Please use a more pertinent thread to discuss Hunter balance concerns.

Hunters, we're not ignoring you, or satisfied with the current situation. New data helps us find the issue. -Source: Celestalon