You COMPLETELY messed up the stat squish!

#1 - Oct. 15, 2014, 1:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I *attempted* to do an LFR version of ToES for transmog purposes. WELL GUESS WHAT? The sha adds right before the first boss 1 SHOT everyone in the raid! Yes, that's right; the ADDS in an LFR version of a SEVERELY OUTDATED raid 1 shot the ENTIRE RAID!

Is this intended? A bug? An oversight from the stat squish? What's up?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - Oct. 15, 2014, 1:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
If any particular creatures aren't properly squished, be sure to report them by name in the Bug Report forum so we can hotfix these as quickly as possible.

As an aside, Patch 6.0.2 is the biggest change World of Warcraft has ever seen, particularly on the technical side with file structure and coding, as well as on the mechanical side with things like the stat squish, ability pruning, etc. There are bound to be some unforeseen bugs or other issues, which is why we have all hands on deck ready to pounce on these as we find them. With your help and patience we'll get things sorted even faster.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#15 - Oct. 15, 2014, 1:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
10/14/2014 06:28 PMPosted by Alaeren
10/14/2014 06:26 PMPosted by Zarhym
If any particular creatures aren't properly squished, be sure to report them by name in the Bug Report forum so we can hotfix these as quickly as possible.

As an aside, Patch 6.0.2 is the biggest change World of Warcraft has ever seen, particularly on the technical side with file structure and coding, as well as on the mechanical side with things like the stat squish, ability pruning, etc. There are bound to be some unforeseen bugs or other issues, which is why we have all hands on deck ready to pounce on these as we find them. With your help and patience we'll get things sorted even faster.

And this wasn't done in the PTR why?

Just get rid of the PTR since you all at Blizzard seem to think that it's better to piss off the players with buggy, nonfunctional patches instead of fine-tuning them first!

You seem to presume that thousands of players were anxious to hop on the PTR and jump into Terrace of Endless Spring LFR, or run countless other pieces of older content in order to find that one mob that hits too hard. Like I said, this is a huge patch and a ton of very core mechanics of the game have been altered in ways that impact every player and NPC in the world. We're bound to have missed a few things and will address them as quickly as we can.

The PTR process is still immensely useful for catching bugs, particularly client-crashing, game-breaking bugs which we prioritize over smaller things. It's not a black-or-white, all-or-nothing situation as you implied with your "get rid of the PTR" comment. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?), it's more complicated.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#28 - Oct. 15, 2014, 1:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
10/14/2014 06:34 PMPosted by Raghnu

What we have here is a company, who makes millions of dollars a month, who has the QA department of a company that makes thousands a month.

Own up, admit you screwed the pooch, and fix it. Stop skirting around and mamby-pambying that "work is hard, and this is work!"

Players are not your QA department. We don't get paid to do so, so dont depend on us to find YOUR mistakes. We will help where we can, but it is simply amateur to release these kinds of things.

I'm not trying to argue over department finances or discuss the definition of a Public Test Realm. I'm stating facts using reality as the model in which said facts reside.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#184 - Oct. 15, 2014, 2:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
10/14/2014 06:58 PMPosted by Rockylock

NO! BAD answer. You had plenty of time and plenty of testers giving you plenty of feedback in addition to your own testers, and then you released this garbage patch.

Someone angrily reported an issue, implying to me they care to see it fixed. I can understand the frustration, but my motivation is to help people channel that frustration in constructive ways so we can quickly identify and fix the root cause of it.