Level 90 character boost ripoff!

#1 - Oct. 15, 2014, 12:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I boosted this character and I still have the same spells I had when I was lvl 42...

Lava Lash

Lightening Bolt

Lightening Shield

Stormstrike

And no talent tree.

Am I missing something here because...maybe everything hasn't transferred over yet? I don't understand how boosting a character is supposed to work. After it was done processing I just assumed I was ready to go. I honestly feel ripped off...
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#10 - Oct. 15, 2014, 12:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Sorry about any confusion! When Warlords of Draenor releases boosted characters will have their abilities introduced a few at a time as they quest through the intro Draenor experience. Until then we've made the new Iron Tide invasion event an accelerated version of the same process. If you're on a boosted character you'll want to begin the Blasted Lands questline that pops up when you first log in, and your abilities will unlock as you go.

We recently updated the patch notes with that information.

Boosted Characters
Newly Boosted Characters now start on the front lines in the Blasted Lands, doing whatever they can to stop the Iron Horde pouring out of The Dark Portal and start with a basic set of spells and abilities for their class. Characters unlock the rest of their spells and abilities by advancing through the Iron Horde Incursion world event in the Blasted Lands.