Garrison Preview Part 3

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Oct. 9, 2014, 5 p.m.
Blizzard Post
In the third installation of the Garrison Preview, Kaivax takes a look at Followers – the people who populate your home base, do your bidding, and come together to form a small army to take on what the Iron Horde is going to throw at you.

Read the blog and feel free to discuss your thoughts here.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#14 - Oct. 9, 2014, 5:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/09/2014 10:13 AMPosted by Mystheal
No draenei or night elves? :(

Some people are more resistant than others when it comes to standing still and posing for nice pictures.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#15 - Oct. 9, 2014, 5:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/09/2014 10:15 AMPosted by Lydiaen
Fo Sho Knucklebump?

Really?

Seriously.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#38 - Oct. 9, 2014, 7:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/09/2014 12:12 PMPosted by Cirno
Why is the comment section on the article itself closed? Strikes me as kind of odd...

Because we want to talk to you and answer your questions here, and the forum layout is more conducive to that.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#42 - Oct. 9, 2014, 7:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/09/2014 12:50 PMPosted by Cirno
10/09/2014 12:42 PMPosted by Kaivax
Because we want to talk to you and answer your questions here, and the forum layout is more conducive to that.

Hmm, a likely excuse...

Kidding, that does make sense. Though you guys can reply on there :P But yeah, easier (and more visible) here.

Also, more linkable.

If I manage to say something worth directing people to read, you can link right to it.

Let's not get our hopes up too much on that count.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#59 - Oct. 10, 2014, 5:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
10/09/2014 01:15 PMPosted by Nisella
I'm very much looking forward to garrisons. It's something different and, so far, looks like something fun. Doubt I'll let Nat Pagle anywhere near my garrison, though. That guy...well, I don't care for him.

Parking Nat in your Fishing Shack is awesome.

He really brings the place together.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#69 - Oct. 10, 2014, 2:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/09/2014 12:12 PMPosted by Cirno
Why is the comment section on the article itself closed? Strikes me as kind of odd...

We actually wanted to direct Garrisons comments and discussions to one thread while still making everyone in the forums (who may not always check the front page regularly) aware of the blog. Let's call it an experiment for now. ;) Also what Kaivax said. The forum structure allows a good flow of discussion and when we post, you can see it better and there's the whole, linking ease too. We'll see how it goes.

Yes, you can invite others to your Garrison and will probably want to so they can help you with invasions.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#72 - Oct. 10, 2014, 2:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/10/2014 07:43 AMPosted by Irøh
Can I just mention that Garrison(at least Alliance side) music is absolutely FANTASTIC? For the curious, it's called Wolf at the Gates.

Glad to hear you like it. I'll let the composers know. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#100 - Oct. 14, 2014, 6:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/10/2014 10:35 AMPosted by Starelia
Hmm this wording seems off

Once your Garrison starts to come together, with a Barracks up and running, you’ll encounter your first Follower and send him on his first mission. You’ll use the command table in the Garrison to activate the Followers window, which allows you to manage your Followers. Therein, you’ll have a searchable list of all Followers available to you in the game and all of the information you need to work with them: their class, spec, quality, abilities, traits, level, xp needed to reach next level, and what they’re currently up to. Followers can level up to 100 just like you can, and you’ll want to level them up, as each Follower becomes more powerful as she gains levels.

One of the main keys to a Follower’s success is his Quality.

I did that on purpose. It's easier to read than "When you send him or her on his or her first mission...".