Minigob Manabonk

#1 - Sept. 16, 2014, 5:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've been playing the game for quite some time, certainly for the entirety of WotLK, so I find it surprising that I had never before encountered this mischievous little fellow; especially considering that I spent so much of my time in Dalaran during Wrath. Last night was my first encounter with him. I was fishing in The Underbelly, minding my own business, when I saw a little gnome walking around. Of course, he looked slightly out of place, but I thought nothing of it. A couple of minutes later, he polymorphed me and then vanished.

He polymorphed me! I was simply trying to catch a sewer rat and suddenly I had taken on the form of a sheep! I stood there in shock for a brief moment before dissolving into laughter. Not long after that, I received a letter and a wand in the mail. I used the wand to Polymorph a nearby Blood Elf. She hopped around for a moment and then laughed when I told her it was Manabonk's fault.

How is it that I never even knew he existed? o.O
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#3 - Sept. 16, 2014, 6:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
My first encounter with the Gobster was very similar to yours. I too was minding my own business and then ZAP! I was Manabonked. Let's just say I giggled a lot longer and louder than I'm brave enough to admit. Went on to polymorph my best friend a bit later. Love little silly interactive things like this!