#1 - Sept. 13, 2014, 5 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Victory! Road to BlizzCon - Neirea

The Hearthstone Americas Championship Qualifier Tournament is fast approaching, and qualified card-slingers will soon be dueling for the chance to head to the Hearthstone World Championship at BlizzCon 2014, where they’ll compete for glory and a $250,000 prize pool.

The players that will be competing in the Championship Qualifier have earned their spots in a variety of ways, such as winning invitational tournaments, conquering community tournaments, or exhibiting excellence in ranked play.

Each one of these worthy competitors has victory on their minds, but each of them also brings their own unique spark to the journey as well!  Join us as we get to know the people behind the decks: Their stories, their favorite decks, how they convince Ragnaros to hit their intended target, and more!

NEIREA

While other players are busying themselves with competing in the World Championship Qualifier Tournaments, Neirea has already secured himself a spot at the top 16 event at the Ericsson Globe in Stockholm, Sweden. He might not be a household name yet, but he’s aiming to show just what he’s capable of. Given that he’s finished top 50 on the European ladder every season in the first five Ranked Play seasons, we’re going to assume that he’s capable of a lot.

What got you into Hearthstone?

I watched some streams and was excited to play the game. After two months of waiting I got an invite and started to play Hearthstone almost every day.

What is your favorite deck to play?

Handlock and Freeze Mage.

What’s your favorite/craziest play you’ve ever made in Hearthstone?

My Favorite play is Pyroblast to the face with lethal damage when I have 1hp after Ice Block.

What’s your process for testing decks? When does a deck officially become a success?

I just play ladder and look at how the deck does. Success is probably top 30 with it.

If you could design a card, what would it be?

A minion Roulette (2mana cost 0/4 stats) that is immune to all direct sources of damage and casts 1 of 10 random spells at a random target (including your own minions and Hero).

Are there any players you’re looking forward to or nervous about playing against?

I don’t even think about that.

If you could make Polymorph turn a minion into something other than a sheep, what would it be?

A little gnome.

How does one go about making a deal with Ragnaros?

Just don't play Rag and he will come make a deal with you himself.

What are you passionate about outside of Hearthstone and other video games?

I like to watch football (soccer), tennis, and some other sports on TV. I also like to play other videogames with my friends.