#1 - Sept. 12, 2014, 5 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Victory! Road to BlizzCon - Kolento

The Hearthstone Americas Championship Qualifier Tournament is fast approaching, and qualified card-slingers will soon be dueling for the chance to head to the Hearthstone World Championship at BlizzCon 2014, where they’ll compete for glory and a $250,000 prize pool.

The players that will be competing in the Championship Qualifier have earned their spots in a variety of ways, such as winning invitational tournaments, conquering community tournaments, or exhibiting excellence in ranked play.

Each one of these worthy competitors has victory on their minds, but each of them also brings their own unique spark to the journey as well!  Join us as we get to know the people behind the decks: Their stories, their favorite decks, how they convince Ragnaros to hit their intended target, and more!

The Hearthstone Americas Championship Qualifier Tournament is fast approaching, and qualified card-slingers will soon be dueling for the chance to head to the Hearthstone World Championship at BlizzCon 2014, where they’ll compete for glory and a $250,000 prize pool.

The players who will be competing in the Championship Qualifier have earned their spots in a variety of ways, such as winning invitational tournaments, conquering community tournaments, or exhibiting excellence in ranked play.

All of these worthy competitors have victory on their minds, but each of them also brings their own unique spark to the journey as well!  Join us as we get to know the people behind the decks: their stories, their favorite cards, how they convince Ragnaros to hit their intended target, and more!

KOLENTO

It’s rumored that the first and last thing you hear before Kolento bests you in Hearthstone is a Savage Roar! The Ukrainian is well-known for his technical ability when it comes to both deck building and dueling across a number of different decks, but where he’s really made his mark is with Aggressive Druid, both before and after the Curse of Naxxramas adventure pack.

What got you into Hearthstone?

I’ve been excited about card games my whole life.

What is your favorite deck to play?

At the moment, probably Control Warrior.

What’s your favorite/craziest play you’ve ever made in Hearthstone?

Miracle Rogue one turn kill on Priest.

What’s your process for testing decks? When does a deck officially become a success?

I try to imagine situations a deck can struggle with and then try to adjust the deck to become better in those difficult situations. A deck is successful when its win rate is close to that of a competitive deck’s win rate.

If you could design a card, what would it be?

Probably a 2/4 minion with no special effect other than it being Priest-only.

Are there any players you’re looking forward to or nervous about playing against?

None.

If you could make Polymorph turn a minion into something other than a sheep, what would it be?

A 1/1 non-Beast minion.

What are you passionate about outside of Hearthstone and other video games?

I like beautiful landscapes.

Catch Kolento designing decks on both Twitch and Twitter!