#1 - Sept. 11, 2014, 6 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Victory! Road to BlizzCon - Savjz

The Hearthstone Americas Championship Qualifier Tournament is fast approaching, and qualified card-slingers will soon be dueling for the chance to head to the Hearthstone World Championship at BlizzCon 2014, where they’ll compete for glory and a $250,000 prize pool.

The players that will be competing in the Championship Qualifier have earned their spots in a variety of ways, such as winning invitational tournaments, conquering community tournaments, or exhibiting excellence in ranked play.

Each one of these worthy competitors has victory on their minds, but each of them also brings their own unique spark to the journey as well!  Join us as we get to know the people behind the decks: Their stories, their favorite decks, how they convince Ragnaros to hit their intended target, and more!

SAVJZ

Savjz has been a fixture in the Hearthstone competitive scene for some time, making appearances at numerous invitational tournaments. Win or lose, Savjz has a very calm, level-headed disposition and is not prone to becoming salty. He can often be found on Twitter offering compliments and praise to friends and tournament opposition alike.

What got you into Hearthstone?

Watching Twitch streams.

What is your favorite deck to play?

Control Warlock.

What’s your favorite/craziest play you’ve ever made in Hearthstone?

I remember Thoughtstealing Buzzard and Unleash. That was fun!

What’s your process for testing decks? When does a deck officially become a success?

First I just play ladder, then test particular match ups with friends. A deck is successful when it "does its job" which might not be to beat everything, but to consistently beat a particular other deck.

If you could design a card, what would it be?

Creature with Battlecry: Tracking! More draw mechanics/deck manipulation in some way for sure.

Are there any players you’re looking forward to or nervous about playing against?

Not really. I hope someone will be nervous to play me, though! It does give an edge.

If you could make Polymorph turn a minion into something other than a sheep, what would it be?

Unicorn!

How does one go about making a deal with Ragnaros?

I wish I knew!

What are you passionate about outside of Hearthstone and other video games?

I enjoy Disc Golfing a lot during summer. 

Catch Savjz talking Hearthstone and more on both Twitter and Twitch!