Beta Realm Maintenance - 9/10/14

Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#1 - Sept. 10, 2014, 5:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings All!

The Beta realms will be coming down for maintenance shortly in order to deploy a new build. I'll be updating this thread with information and time estimates as I receive them. Current ETA is to have the realms up by 2:45 pm PST.

I'll be leaving this thread open for general discussion as long as people remain civil and follow forum rules.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#33 - Sept. 10, 2014, 6:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
No character wipe planned today. The goal is to have the realms up (The Beta Leveling Realms, at any rate) in time for the planned Tanaan testing at 3pm.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#84 - Sept. 10, 2014, 8:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/10/2014 12:53 PMPosted by Grimwolf
Am I correct in assuming the Blasted Lands quests can be skipped over for this? Been awhile since I've started a new character.

Correct, on Beta the Pre-Launch stuff is already over. For this test you'll make a new, template character that will spawn in Orgrimmar or Stormwind. Take the portal to Blasted Lands, fly to the Dark Portal, and speak to Khadgar to teleport to Tanaan.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#102 - Sept. 10, 2014, 8:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're still in the process of pushing the patch out to the Battle.net App. If you try to login now, you'll see the realms up but a different version because you haven't updated yet.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#118 - Sept. 10, 2014, 8:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/10/2014 01:43 PMPosted by Gharbo
still getting the incompatible message. Worse thing is that it crashes my computer, so I won't try again until everyone is posting that they are playing .

No need to try or launch anything until your battle.net app receives, downloads, and installs the new build.

When the message at the bottom of the app says "Updated to version 6.0.2. 18850, you'll know it updated and installed the build properly.

The build's not ready yet, so sit tight for a while; there's nothing that needs doing or checking on your end at the moment.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#162 - Sept. 10, 2014, 9:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The build should be showing up in your Battle.net App within the next 5 minutes - go ahead and restart the app if you don't see it.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#164 - Sept. 10, 2014, 9:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Realms will be up soon, we had to restart them briefly.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#188 - Sept. 10, 2014, 9:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/10/2014 02:24 PMPosted by Blumystic
Ok so it updated and now says it is "Updated to version 6.0.2. 18850" but it is still showing as incompatible.

Realms were being restarted. They should be up now.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#211 - Sept. 10, 2014, 9:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Not to worry if you hit the "Success!" screen after logging in. We issues another set of restarts to fix some issues we already found. Once realms come back up, you'll be able to login.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#236 - Sept. 10, 2014, 10:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Nice! We managed to get a ton of people on. Realms are restarting now, try it again!

This is actually super helpful data for us.