Beta Realm Maintenance - 9/2/14

Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#1 - Sept. 2, 2014, 5:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings All!

The Beta realms will be coming down for maintenance later today in order to deploy a new build. I'll be updating this thread with information and time estimates as I receive them, although due to the nature of Beta build deployments it's rare to have an exact ETA.

I'll be leaving this thread open for general discussion as long as people remain civil and follow forum rules.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#49 - Sept. 2, 2014, 8:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Realms are coming down now.

Let the maintenance begin!
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#80 - Sept. 2, 2014, 9:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't see any plans for Character Wipes today, so you're safe.

Maintenance continues. Like most build deployments it's hard to give an exact ETA. I'd say 4-7 hours left?

I do have an update for those of you who had issues patching/updating last Beta build, mostly those of you who were installing the enGB or a different locale of WoW. We'll be updating the Battle.net app itself soon to resolve this, tentatively scheduled for tomorrow.

That means if you patch today, you'll likely run into the same issues as last time. You may still need use a workaround (like changing the locale of your build to enUS), at least until tomorrow when we update the app to read all the different locale tags. Sorry for the inconvenience on that, things get harder to fix when it's both a wow client issue and a battle.net app issue (different teams behind them).
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#147 - Sept. 3, 2014, 12:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Build should be pushed to your Battle.net App shortly.

Realms are still in maintenance mode, but we hope to have them up shortly.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#152 - Sept. 3, 2014, 12:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Definitely a lot of bug fixes in this build: as implementation wraps up we tend to go into "bug fix mode" to polish things up.

This won't mean everything's bug free (we're not done yet) but it's definitely making progress!
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#163 - Sept. 3, 2014, 12:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/02/2014 05:33 PMPosted by Fulgora
will this build fix the architect table, so i will see more than just the great hall and herb garden?

Hopefully yes.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#178 - Sept. 3, 2014, 12:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Realms are coming up now. Make sure your Battle.net app has updated to 18816 before attempting to enter the game.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#224 - Sept. 3, 2014, 2:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/02/2014 07:15 PMPosted by Menolikethis
Are the servers currently down? They are for me and it say's In Development. Some people here are talking like it currently up for them but they are still down after being taken down again....

Did your Battle.net app update to the proper build? (version 6.0.2. 18816) Also, make sure you're launching the Beta client and not something else (PTR, for example).
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#226 - Sept. 3, 2014, 2:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/02/2014 07:27 PMPosted by Menolikethis
My Battle.net app is showing 6.0.2.18816 I let it fully install the update before launching. I am Launching the Beta and NOT the PTR. I removed the Interface file and tried again and was able to get past the error message but now I'm getting the In Development screen and when I click Suggest Realm it shows that all realms are not there.....

Sounds like you're somehow connecting to a different realmlist. Try deleting the WTF folder within your World of Warcraft Beta folder. It'll reset a lot of your in-game settings (which I know is a pain), but will force you to connect with the default settings which may help.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#229 - Sept. 3, 2014, 2:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/02/2014 07:34 PMPosted by Xarlanna
I believe I have the same error as others have of "Interface/SharedXML/AddonList.lua:41:attempt to call global 'AddonDialog_Show' (a nil value)." I did a restart as that has worked in the past in getting a build to work when stubborn. Battle.net went through the update sequence with me logging in, but I still get this error. I do have the correct build and am launching the beta client, not the PTR.

Delete your addons and the error should go away.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#234 - Sept. 3, 2014, 2:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/02/2014 07:43 PMPosted by Ghosteye
LUA error in the Garrison UI "addon" (official Blizz one) when using the table and completing a mission.

Followers from that mission are also missing their models/portraits.

Removed addons (only had Dominos) and even deleted the official Blizz "addons" to have them re-created by the game. No dice. LOTS of folks in the beta are reporting this right now...

Sorry if there was confusion: not talking about the Garrision LUA error at all. Just the one you get when launching the client that says something along the lines of

Interface\SharedXML\AddonList.LUA:41:
Attempt to call Global
'AddonDialog_Show' (a nil value)
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#252 - Sept. 3, 2014, 4:33 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Closing out this thread since Maintenance has completed.

If you're getting LUA Errors or Crashes when interacting with the Mission Table, feel free to post in this thread. Keep in mind you may simply need to start over, as this build contained significant changes to followers and missions, and not all of those changes are going to play nice if you had made progress in older builds.

If you're getting an error that references addons, delete all the addons in your beta folder.

Feel free to report other bugs in our Bug Report forums.