#1 - Sept. 2, 2014, 5 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Victory! Road to BlizzCon - backspace

The Hearthstone Americas Championship Qualifier Tournament is fast approaching, and qualified card-slingers will soon be dueling for the chance to head to the Hearthstone World Championship at BlizzCon 2014, where they’ll compete for glory and a $250,000 prize pool.

The players that will be competing in the Championship Qualifier have earned their spots in a variety of ways, such as winning invitational tournaments, conquering community tournaments, or exhibiting excellence in ranked play.

These worthy competitors each have victory on their minds, but they also bring their own unique spark to the journey as well!  Join us as we get to know the people behind the decks: their stories, their favorite decks, how they convince Ragnaros to hit their intended target, and more!

BACKSPACE

Backspace is both a skilled player and deck-builder. At the height of Miracle Rogue’s popularity, backspace constructed his own unique Rogue deck, which he simply dubbed, “Backspace Rogue”. This extremely aggressive deck created a strong buzz and sent ripples through the community. Backspace is more than just a top tier Hearthstone player; he’s also got fantastic taste in neckwear!

What is your favorite deck to play?

Backspace Rogue

What’s your favorite/craziest play you’ve ever made in Hearthstone?

I used Reincarnate on a coined Deathlord and drew Ragnaros off of it. The Ragnaros then destroyed the new Deathlord and I drew a Sylvanas on turn two. 

What’s your process for testing decks? When does a deck officially become a success?

I just play the deck on ladder nonstop. 

If you could design a card, what would it be?

I would design a legendary that changes for each class.

Are there any players you’re looking forward to or nervous about playing against?

Forsen is scary!

If you could make Polymorph turn a minion into something other than a sheep, what would it be?

It would be cool if Polymorph could summon an Amaz. That way everyone could have their own Amaz!

How does one go about making a deal with Ragnaros?

Oh, easy. Whenever Ragnaros misses, you disenchant and re-craft him until he learns to obey.       

Follow Backspace and his duck tie on his journey down the Road to BlizzCon 2014 on both Twitter and Twitch!