Please make Icecrown = Sunwell Difficulty

#0 - Aug. 30, 2009, 3:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It's really lame how easy the "progression" raids are in wotlk compared to BC. Having an entire instance of easymode bosses with hardmode options is really stupid, they should just have hardmode activated by default imo.

And now with ToC, pugs are just as successful as entire guilds with the easymode versions. ToC is easier than Ulduar, how does it make sense that the 3rd tier of raiding is easier than the 2nd? They went way overboard when they said they want raiding more accessible to everyone.

I can only think of 3 or 4 kills this expansion that made me feel like I accomplished something, and the only fight left I haven't done is 0 light 25. There are 31 guilds on my server that have killed Yogg, and I'm sure all of them will kill Anub next week in ToC25.

The concept of a hard version of every instance sounds okay at first, but then you realize how easy they make the regular version and it just seems pointless. This expansion needs more fights like Brut/Muru that are extreme cockblocks and make you feel awesome when they die. Hopefully some of the ToC hardmodes are like this, as well as plenty of Icecrown encounters. I will be beyond disappointed if 3 or 4 months into Icecrown these same 31 guilds have killed Arthas too. This may come off as me being an elitist #%%###* but who can honestly say they hope the final encounter of the game will be puggable eventually? There were only like 10 guilds to kill Illidan and even less to kill KJ at level 70 on my server.

Since they're deadset on using the regular/hard versions of every instance, please at least make it so it takes more than 2 weeks for the majority of the guild population to clear the regular version.

tldr; this game is too dumbed down. please fix
why is gear from easymode 25 toc better than gear from the hardest 25 uld HMs when anyone with a pulse can clear it?
#141 - Sept. 1, 2009, 5:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
It's really lame how easy the "progression" raids are in wotlk compared to BC. Having an entire instance of easymode bosses with hardmode options is really stupid, they should just have hardmode activated by default imo.

And now with ToC, pugs are just as successful as entire guilds with the easymode versions. ToC is easier than Ulduar, how does it make sense that the 3rd tier of raiding is easier than the 2nd? They went way overboard when they said they want raiding more accessible to everyone.

I can only think of 3 or 4 kills this expansion that made me feel like I accomplished something, and the only fight left I haven't done is 0 light 25. There are 31 guilds on my server that have killed Yogg, and I'm sure all of them will kill Anub next week in ToC25.

The concept of a hard version of every instance sounds okay at first, but then you realize how easy they make the regular version and it just seems pointless. This expansion needs more fights like Brut/Muru that are extreme cockblocks and make you feel awesome when they die. Hopefully some of the ToC hardmodes are like this, as well as plenty of Icecrown encounters. I will be beyond disappointed if 3 or 4 months into Icecrown these same 31 guilds have killed Arthas too. This may come off as me being an elitist #%%###* but who can honestly say they hope the final encounter of the game will be puggable eventually? There were only like 10 guilds to kill Illidan and even less to kill KJ at level 70 on my server.

Since they're deadset on using the regular/hard versions of every instance, please at least make it so it takes more than 2 weeks for the majority of the guild population to clear the regular version.

tldr; this game is too dumbed down. please fix
why is gear from easymode 25 toc better than gear from the hardest 25 uld HMs when anyone with a pulse can clear it?

Heroic Modes are for progression. Please make use of them.