[Paladin] Feedback

#1 - Aug. 19, 2014, 2 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok so the datamined changes we have so far for Paladins. I'll try to get them all but focusing on Damage. I prefer Youtube videos for this but I need to really really express this issue.

Deals [ 6.18% of Spell Power ] additional Holy damage over 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times. 100 yd range. Instant.

This seems to be both for Prot and Holy. I don't know why necessarily it was nerfed but I would like to believe Ret's SoT would do much more damage then a Protadin spec. So...I'm in disagreement with the nerf. Keep in mind I'm going by datamined tooltips. I'm also remaining calm and trying to stay calm and respectful.

Consecration went down from 33.52% of AP to 13.4%. Now I am not 100% certain on this but I'm assuming it was because Prot Paladins were doing a crap ton of damage. That's my theory but I have nothing to back it up so if any Prot Paladins could tell me. I'll gladly quote you in the original post and keep this thread updated as fast as I can.

Crusader Strike Holy, Protection: An instant strike that causes (120% of weapon damage) Physical damage. Retribution: An instant strike that causes (120% of weapon damage) Physical damage and grants 1 Holy Power. Requires Melee Weapon. 5% of Base Mana. Melee range. Instant. 4.5 sec cooldown.

I don't know necessarily what happened to this but I think it's all right so far. No related feedback to give here.

Hammer of the Righteous Holy, Protection: An instant strike that causes (120% of weapon damage) Physical damage. Retribution: An instant strike that causes (120% of weapon damage) Physical damage and grants 1 Holy Power. Requires Melee Weapon. Unlimited range. Instant.

No nerf, but I assume this is a quality of life to help Prots aoe along with DPS(Ret) when doing Aoe rotations. So I'd say this is a good change, good job Blizzard.

Hand of Sacrifice (Holy, Protection) Places a Hand on a party or raid member, transferring 30% of damage taken to the Paladin for 12 sec or until the Paladin has transferred 100% of their maximum health

Rewording I believe. That is what I am gathering here. So...nothing here.

Hand of Sacrifice (Retribution) Places a Hand on a party or raid member, transferring 30% damage taken to the Paladin and instantly removing all harmful Magic effects from the target, and transferring 30% of damage taken to the Paladin for 12 sec or until the Paladin has transferred 100% of their maximum health.

Rewording like before. Also some Paladins have mentioned before on another forum to put this spell/ability off the GCD as added utility which Celestalon considers utility. While I believe that is debatable. I do believe this needs to be addressed but I digress.

Jailer's Judgment Name Changed from Jailor's Judgment to Jailer's Judgment

Spelling fix, so nothing too exciting here.

Empowered Beacon of Light Your single-target heals heal your Beacon of Light target for 10% more.Also applies to Beacon of Faith.

In the dark about this. Holy Paladins.... HALP!!!

Beacon of Insight Places a beacon of insight on an ally, increasing their healing recieved received from your next direct single-target heal within 60 sec by 30%. When consumed, or when the target reaches full health, it moves to the most injured ally within 40 yards. Limit 1. Paladin - LvL 0 Talent. 1% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. 15 sec cooldown.

Spelling fix. Nothing here to say.

Consumes up to 3 Holy Power to heal an ally for up to [ 1 + 264.59% of Spell Power ] and an additional [ 1 + 16.03% of Spell Power ] every 2 sec for up to 30 sec. Healing over time increased by 50% when cast on self. Replaces Word of Glory. Paladin - LvL 45 Talent. 1 Holy Power. 40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast. 1 sec cooldown.

Nothing seems to have changed other then rewording and the like. No feedback necessary.

Execution Sentence

This healing is a large burst at first, and then decreases over time. Paladin - LvL 90 Talent. 12.8% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. 60 sec cooldown.

Ok, so they clarified the healing port but I have a concern. on MoP Live right now it starts out slow and weak and progressively gets stronger and at the last second a big burst. For some reason though they changed it that the burst starts at the beginning. Thematticly this makes no sense wen we hear execution sentence. Usually an executioner slowly raises his axe and then at the last second BAM a hard hit. So Blizzard is going the opposite direction with this talent and that makes me sad.

It actually makes me want to not use it anymore so I use Light's Hammer. I will get to that later. Basically IT SHOULD GO BACK TO THE WAY IT IS ON LIVE. This goes for the healing portion as well.

Final Verdict Empowers your weapon with holy energy, and performs a devastating strike, dealing (280% 185% of weapon damage) Holy damage. Also increases the damage and radius of your next Divine Storm by 100%. Replaces Templar's Verdict. Requires Melee Weapon. Paladin - LvL 0 Talent. 3 Holy Power. 10 yd range. Instant.

YOU NERF FINAL VERDICT. Not just a slight nerf. But a holy crap cut in half. That goes down. That's like a 90% nerf to it! It's a giant Talented Finisher. IT SHOULD BE POWERFUL. I don't understand why you did this in a tuning phase. Truly I am shocked you did this. Why?

Was it because you want us to like the other talents? Well if so I respectfully disagree. I like Seraphim's animations and visuals but absolutely will not use it because mechanically it sucks and I'm more approach to Final Verdict because of the all Holy Damage bypassing armor. I WILL NOT use Empowered Seals, the concept is cool but I simply cannot manage all those seals and the names of those buffs Empowered Seals bring IS COOL.

Seriously, if you name those seals to the original seals it would be cool despite the fact I believe Uther is Ret as well. Look I don't want to be weak or OP. I don't think Final Verdict made us OP. I seriously don't get it. Nerfing one talent will not make me want to pick it. I am very sorry but that is how I feel.

Talents are supposed to be powerful choices not weaked stuff. Also if you are worried about PVP, Paladins need some love other then Holy. I mean I don't PVP a lot but I do hear PVP Paladin's concerns. Not only that but we should have at least a nuke or really strong attack along with the others.

Light's Hammer Hurls a Light-infused hammer into the ground, where it blasts a 10 yard radius every 2 sec for 14 sec. Each blast deals [ 2 + 51.68% of Spell Power ] Holy damage to enemies, reduces enemy movement speed by 50% for 2 sec, and heals up to 6 allies for [ 40.24% of Spell Power ]. Paladin - LvL 90 Talent. 51.9% of Base Mana. 30 yd range. Instant. 60 sec cooldown.
\

Now then. Light's Hammer, heals up to 6 more allies. This is good for some additional healing for Holy and maybe Prot *Utility* Same for Ret but I think IMO Light's Hammer needs to be buffed since IMO the level 90 Talents are not that great at all and weak in comparison and scale. That is for another time though.

Sacred Shield Protects the target with a shield of Holy Light for 30 sec. The shield absorbs up to [ 99.5% of Holy Spell Power ] damage every 6 sec. Max 3 charges. Paladin - LvL 45 Talent. 14.4% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant.

I assume rewording. Nothing seems to have changed.

Sacred Shield Holy, Protection: Protects the target with a shield of Holy Light for 30 sec, absorbing up to [ 130.6% [ 1 + 130.6% of Holy Spell Power ] damage every 6 sec. Only one target can be affected at a time. Retribution: Protects the target with a shield of Holy Light for 30 sec, absorbing up to [ 1 + 186.6% of Holy Spell Power ] damage every 6 sec. Only one target can be affected at a time. Limited to 1 target. Paladin - LvL 45 Talent. 40 yd range. Instant. 6 sec cooldown.

Sacred Shield got a slight buff but by the looks of it. It seems Ret has the stronger version of it? O_o I mean I'm grateful and I'm glad it got buffed but I would imagine Holy would benefit more or Prot maybe. Still I am not taking this over Selfless Healer. I love that talent.

Holy Radiance Imbues a friendly target with radiant energy, healing that target for [ 151.32% of Spell Power ] and all up to 5 allies within 10 yards for half that amount. Grants 1 Holy Power. Healing effectiveness diminishes for each player target beyond 6. Paladin - Holy Spec. 35.64% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. 2.5 sec cast.

So basically only 5 allies will benefit instead of all of them. So it's a nerf. Would seem overpowered but I am not certain how it is scaled to others. Holy Paladins speak up.

Consecration Consecrates the land beneath you, causing [ 9 + 301.7% 120.6% of AP ] Holy damage over 9 sec to enemies who enter the area. Paladin - Protection Spec. 7% of Base Mana. Instant. 9 sec cooldown.

Ok so Prot Paladins got a somewhat 200% ish nerf which hurts but I have recall several reports that Prot is doing way too much damage. Unfortunate nerf but it still should not be a damage spec. Let Ret do that , we're the DPS Paladins here. Prots add feedback if you can. CONSTRUCTIVELY!!

Shield of the Righteous Instantly slam the target with your shield, causing [ 1 + 297% of AP ] Holy damage, reducing the physical damage you take by [ 25 ] [Min 30 25, Max 80]% for 3 sec, and causing Bastion of Glory. Bastion of Glory Increases the strength of your Word of Glory when used to heal yourself by 10%. Stacks up to 5 times. Requires Shields. Paladin - Protection Spec. 3 Holy Power. Melee range. Instant. 1.5 sec cooldown.

A little Tank nerf.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#3 - Aug. 19, 2014, 2:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Random clarifications:

Hand of Sacrifice is indeed now off the GCD.
Execution Sentence is reversed for the heal only. That makes it useful, whereas before it was not.
Final Verdict was nerfed because it was overpowered, especially with Empowered Divine Storm added. Yes, it was a huge nerf, because it was very overpowered. If you have theorycrafting data suggesting otherwise, please post it in the Class Design Theorycraft Results thread.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#4 - Aug. 19, 2014, 2:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The goal is absolutely for Ret to be strong DPS, just as strong as a Fury Warrior, or Enhancement Shaman, or Combat Rogue (just to pick some random examples). These nerfs occurred (and more will occur) because they were stronger in our testing.