Beta Realm Maintenance - 8/18/14

Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#1 - Aug. 18, 2014, 6:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings All!

The Beta realms will be coming down for maintenance today in order to deploy a new build. I'll be updating this thread with information and time estimates as I receive them. I don't have an ETA at this time, but I will update this post if I receive one.

I'll be leaving this thread open for general discussion as long as people remain civil and follow forum rules.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#36 - Aug. 18, 2014, 6:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
No Character Wipe is currently planned for today's push.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#158 - Aug. 18, 2014, 9:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi folks, maintenance is still ongoing. Sorry that I don't have an ETA, it's just hard to gauge progress and time remaining for Beta work.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#204 - Aug. 18, 2014, 10:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/18/2014 03:49 PMPosted by Spankd
This just in... The beta won't be back up until after tomorrow's maintenance. Have a good night!

Let's keep the trolling to a minimum so I don't have to lock the thread.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#239 - Aug. 18, 2014, 11:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
While you may see an update on your battle.net app, our realms are still in maintenance mode for a while longer.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#279 - Aug. 19, 2014, 12:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Realms should be coming up shortly. As mentioned earlier in the thread, your characters from the previous build should still be available.

The new build (18738) continues numerous Bug Fixes, although we've definitely got more to come. Plenty of tuning changes to classes and content alike.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#318 - Aug. 19, 2014, 2:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
As always with a beta push, we closely monitor incoming crashes and start working on identifying the problem and looking for fixes.

If you're crashing I don't have any workarounds to give you currently, but I do hope we can get it resolved.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#325 - Aug. 19, 2014, 3:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to download the beta. Could be a firewall or anti-virus blocking your battle.net app from receiving updates, or could be something else entirely. Your best bet would be to post either on our Battle.net Support Forums or the Beta Tech Support forums.

You'll also want to make sure you didn't somehow turn off Automatic updating. Open your battle.net client, click the options tab, then game settings, then Game Install/Update. Resetting to Default Settings may help you there if something was changed.