Flight paths take too long

#1 - Aug. 10, 2014, 8:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
For the second time, I found myself logging out of the game because I tabbed out while stuck on a flight path and became more interested in something I started reading on a website than I was in the game.

It wasn't the length of the flight path alone. I really didn't have any special interest in or enthusiasm for what was waiting for me once I landed, either. But if I had been able to get to my destination faster, I probably wouldn't have bothered tabbing out in the first place and so I would have stayed logged into the game.

Making travel slow and boring isn't a good way to try to keep people engaged and playing the game longer.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#33 - Aug. 13, 2014, 12:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So, first thing I should mention is that, while we're still adjusting and tweaking the flow of each zone, it doesn't make much sense for us to spend a bunch of time optimizing flight paths. Any manner of changes could happen to a given location or quest hub that would require us to redo all that work -- even something as simple as moving the flightmaster to the other side of a camp, or raising the terrain a bit to make it look more interesting.

We've done a little bit of optimizing here and there where we've felt confident that such changes won't happen, but we're getting to the point that we can start collecting a broader range of feedback on flight paths for future adjustments. To help with that, I've just posted a stickied thread in which we'd love for you to share your feedback on flight paths that could use some attention.

We're still very much committed to making sure that getting around Draenor doesn't feel like a chore, so any such feedback is extremely valuable to us. Thanks!
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#87 - Aug. 14, 2014, 7:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We've done some updates to the flight paths which will be up in the next build.

Let us know what you think.