These new Dungeons seem way to hard

#1 - Aug. 11, 2014, 3:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Watching the videos on MMO-Champion. These dungeons seem way too over tuned.
You have mechanics that have to be interrupted, trash that has mandatory CC, and fights with very high damage phases.

This is going to kill the LFG community. Once the guilds out gear them, which they will when they start raiding, they will not be doing them, so that will only leave the LFG community, these instances (based off the videos), do not seem PUG friendly at all.

You originally said that ALL dungeons will be avail at max level for Normal, Heroic, and Challenge.
Now it only looks like 3 or 4 of them will be level 100 Non heroic.

I understand that MOP dungeons were too easy, and ended up being trivial, but i feel this is going to far in the other direction. Cata was a bad time for a lot of puggers , I would not like to go back to that again.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#3 - Aug. 11, 2014, 5:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Our dungeons are currently overtuned, yes, with a few exceptions. We'll be dialing in the tuning significantly in the weeks to come.

I do want to note, though, that "having mechanics" isn't a problem. That's gameplay. It's certainly possible to have too many mechanics, but that's more of a clarity issue where complexity prevents an encounter from being readily understood or processed. But making content accessible shouldn't and doesn't mean removing interesting gameplay.

In a sense, difficulty is measured by how many mistakes we allow you to make and still succeed. The problem is that we are currently punishing mistakes too harshly.