Things you did when you were a noob

#1 - Aug. 7, 2014, 1:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We all had to start somewhere. My journey began some ten days before the release of BC. I fondly remember selling stacks of copper ore to a vendor in order to purchase higher level white armor pieces while completely ignoring all of the green quest loot I had acquired. That vendor was probably laughing at me. And a goblin.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - Aug. 7, 2014, 1:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
My noob moment was questing as a Holy Priest in Feralas back when the game first launched. My damage output was so low I ran out of Mana attempting to chain Smite a Grimtotem Shaman that self-healed a large chunk of their HP halfway through the fight. Auto-attacking with a staff and Shadow Word: Pain whittling their HP down just a little bit more than what they healed each time. When my health got low I self Renew so I couldn't die either. It was a slow and bizarre fight.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#383 - Aug. 9, 2014, 5:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
08/08/2014 10:33 PMPosted by Ipsa
08/08/2014 08:27 PMPosted by Oberyn
Just thought of another one.

I didn't remove the auto-attack button from my bar until around level 60ish. I was under the impression that I NEEDED it there to attack things.

ok I AM a new Player, I DON'T need that on my bar?

Your character auto-attacks by right-clicking over a hostile target (mouse cursor turns into a sword icon), pressing T with the hostile target highlighted, or after using a targeted hostile ability.