Randoms being uncooperative?

#0 - Feb. 18, 2010, 4:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So like most of the community I PuG. I do my Randoms, and enjoy tanking. Recently however I have noticed what seems to me as a contradiction.

Everyone likes things to move along quickly, I personally don't want to spend all day in an instance, anymore than the DPS or Healers do. But it seems that lately players just want to arbitrarily chose a target and leave it up to me to control their aggro. I've gotten a few excuses that range from "ur bad" to "I'm used to a Paladin/DK tank" . Meanwhile if i mark up every pull, I'm told "you are taking too long" or "gogogogogogo"

As I stated I enjoy tanking, but I'm starting to feel jaded. The target I'm putting my attention into i don't ever have an issue with threat. As for AoE threat, I'm not the type of player to complain about imbalances in classes.But I'm not a DK or Paladin, as far as I know people are aware of warrior's AoE deficiency. So I'm really just looking for feedback. Anyone having this perceived issue? I feel really bad letting someone die to the mob they feel inclined to tank, but tabbing around to taunt everything seems to be rewarding bad behavior.
#15 - Feb. 18, 2010, 5:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
While I will taunt loose mobs and such, my main focus when tanking is always the healers and if the dps wants to attack the wrong thing, well, sometimes it's hard to find my taunt button...

Recently I put together a more threat-focused set though to prevent this from really being much of an issue.