14 hours of "maintenance"

#1 - July 2, 2014, 11:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello dear community/Players. This is going to be long, have some pizza *throws pizza in your face*
As the title says it, I believe the "Maintenance" is getting, how to say, ridiculously long. I would like to support my claim with some arguments as follows:

-As much as we appreciate your hard work, we, community, are getting annoyed by some things that should be clarified, for instance, I could say that 7 out of 10 maintenances end up being extended, they used to start at 05;00 CEST. This one in particular started at 01:00 CEST and is still ongoing for reasons that you never tell us.

-We, players, feel put aside when it comes down to why the servers are down for so long, a bit of give and take has to be implemented here. What i mean by this is that we,players, would like to know what is going on inside the game when you guys call the downtime "maintenance". A bit of explanation can make us wait longer, and i believe most of the people here will support my claim.

-You are offering a product and a service, yet when this service is unavailable, you apologize and say "we apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to restore full service" This has become so generic and commonly used that it is useless to type that, and i don't even know if you guys type it or just copy paste it nowadays. Yet no information whatsoever is given on WHY the service that I am willing to PAY for is not available right now right here. Any information that could be given like "there is an issue with the instances" or "There is a major glitch crashing the servers" Would be enough for us. But "We are fixing an issue we just found" is not good enough.

-You may have noticed that some players don't even post angry comments anymore when they see extended maintenance, instead, you get some "as usual" type of comments or "I expected that". Is this what you wish for your Company to look like ? I am sorry for being blunt, but all we are feeling is that there is some kind of incompetence going on. I might be very wrong, and i know the blizzard staff is competent in their respective domains, but something needs to be done, because a good portion of the community spends their time raging and saying stuff as "They can't even fix their own game".

-A thing I noticed is the following: Many players feel like you (Blizzard) is stealing their game time. While this is not the case, and some may call me a whiny b**ch, I also have this feeling. Add up all the hours per month that the servers are down, don't we deserve a bit of compensation for that? What i mean is, we players need to have the feeling that goes like "here, we got an extended down time, you couldn't play, have a free day or two" (Gold works too, 100 gold per extra hour ? Just kidding)

-A positive thing to the extended maintenance is the comments on the official post for the downtime. I quote " No one fed the hamster again" or "Someone stepped on the damned cables" or also "They lost the key to the server room again" But jokes aside, there is nothing more frustrating that waiting for something so you could use it and you get a message that says "No it's not fixed deal with it"

-Some may say the useless phrase "Go outside" or "Get a life". Well if I had a life I would not be here to be honest. I met my girlfriend and hopefully my future wife thanks to this game, and many of us have feeling attached to this game, but we are feeling under valuated because of the lack of care given to the players. Behind the avatars and screens, there are people with feelings and hearts that sometimes grow attached to this game hence why they do not want to quit.

Everyone may feel free to express their opinions on what I wrote, nut please I ask you, community, to be friendly and behave so we don't get this thread uselessly locked like all the rest. I would like to hear your comments and your opinions, may it be here or in-game.
You can add my battle tag sacred#2146 And i shall be available to carry your opinions to the forums if you do not wish to write on your own behalf.

I hereby, thank the Blizzard Staff Team and have an enormous respect for their professionalism while working hard daily on this MMORPG that is the most popular worldwide, may it be in the development or Customer Support or Legal or Any domain that this company includes, and hope you can understand what I am saying. Please keep in mind that we are people and we need to know what is happening. talk to us Blizzard, we need it.

Edit: If you want to TL;DR, at least do it correctly, I do not ask for a refund anywhere in this post, All I ask is some explanations to why is this happening and why is there no communication from blizzard on that.
Forum Avatar
Forum Moderator
#57 - July 2, 2014, 12:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Unfortunately this thread has derailed, so we’re locking it at this point. Please continue any constructive discussions in a new thread if necessary.