Merged AH a feature of Warlords Alliance and Horde

#1 - July 1, 2014, 9:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Auction house is going to be merged between the Alliance and Horde.

Source:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13271497607

Yes, in 6.0 auction houses are unified between factions on a given server. The benefit you cite is a major reason behind the change.
Forum Avatar
Community
#32 - July 1, 2014, 1:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Brace yourselves!

All kidding aside, I think this is quite a good change, especially because it counteracts one of the most negative effects about faction imbalance.
Having said this, I do understand some of the concerns, especially lore and narrative wise, and will try to clarify that with the devs.
Forum Avatar
Community
#96 - July 2, 2014, 10:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/07/2014 18:02Posted by Lonelyruby
But what about actual people?
If you login to the Shrine of my Server you will most likely see 1-2 people.How you are going to solve this?

Connected Realms will contribute greatly to creating healthy realm populations everywhere. It won't help as much with faction imbalance, but you'll still end up with more players on both factions regardless, that means, more players to play with despite any imbalance that may still exist.

01/07/2014 18:02Posted by Lonelyruby
edit:Yes my server is merged and still is dead!

I know that waiting can be frustrating, but please don't despair. We're doing our best to speed up our connections, and we're still in the process of connecting many more realms.
Even if yours has already been connected with some realm(s), that doesn't mean that it won't be connected with even more realms in the future.