Guild levels make it impossible to recruit

#1 - Nov. 24, 2012, 10:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
[Moved this to the proper place]

I had a limited space for title, but don't get me wrong. I love the perks, they are very nice and its always good cheer when people work hard to level it up.

Here is my frustration:
I created this guild 8-1-2011 on a very active PvP server. My intention was to have a fun PvP guild that did a bit of everything PvP related. I would advertise as I was flying across maps, and when I was in town, nothing overdone, but to let people know we existed. I refined my recruitment page in the Guild Finder, hoping it would bring people in.

In Cataclysm, the most I would have online at once was maybe 8 people, 5 of them people I knew in real life. No one wanted to join a new guild, no one wanted to join a level 1 guild.

If the guild wasn't 25 and giving out free epics, they did not care. Even when trying to recruit for RBGs or Arenas, we would get people to join in hopes of PvP, but 2 days of waiting for enough to join for Rated PvP and they would leave.

I see this in other low level guilds when I fiddle with an alt and join to see the community or what they have going. People dont get free rides or goodies, so they leave.

Near the end of Cataclysm we never had enough people to do anything, and the most we could do was a tiny handful of people for randoms or scraps in world PvP.

---

Taking a break at the end of Cataclysm, coming back for MoP, this time going for an all around invitation for anyone and everyone who would want to join.

The guild is only as good as the community, and I wanted to bring in variety, later on recruiting leaders to organize and run those areas of interest.

5 days and I have gotten only 1 person to join, had one other who said they wanted to join, but grabbed a stack of low level enchants form the guild bank and ditched right after (I make sure nothing of value is in the entry level grab tab, I'm more dissapointed in the actual morals behind it).

We are Level 10 now, but still not 25, and no free epics to hand out.

Are there any tips or methods to start the guild up again? I would love to have a strong community and just want everyone to have a good time.

Thank you for reading this rant.
#42 - June 6, 2014, 7:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Folks, please be mindful of the date on a thread and do not resurrect/bump it if it is fairly old. If you wish provide feedback on a topic or participate in a discussion create your own or find one that is recent. This thread will now be locked.