05/16/2014 04:49 AM
Posted by Ro
but will this change have a significant impact on Tidyplates Threatplates?
No. Even downloaded it and tested it on the PTR to confirm.
Specifically the functions that change a mob's nameplate color based on threat, that overlay a custom design to distinguish your current target, that allow for custom nameplate styles to specifically named mobs, or that change a player's nameplate color based on class?
None of that is being affected. Even the ability to scale individual nameplates based on threat is not being affected.
Things that are still fine after 5.4.8:
- adding stuff to nameplates (HHtD, PlateBuffs)
- changing the look of nameplates (Tidyplates, Aloft)
- turning nameplates on at the start of combat and off at the end (with proper events)
Things that are not working after 5.4.8:
- addons changing the listed default settings during combat, like which nameplate sets are shown
- addons using this loophole to choose what to cast and when
Thank you for sharing your findings with us Ro.
The UI team informed me that they also protected “SetUIVisibility(false)
” while in combat. Add-Ons can still use "SetUIVisibility(true)
" while in combat, but you cannot toggle it.