Did blizz nerf trash drops in all old raids?

#1 - April 29, 2014, 9:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So today i did a kara BT and ulduar run like usual im after the glaives on my monk going 54 weeks strong no main hand. Anyways this week i went from getting my usual 300 nw cloth 10ish gems and 15-20 greens to only getting 5 cloth 1 gem and no greens. Note ive run this for 54 weeks and i always fill up my bags there has never be an exception. I only cleared to curator in kara but i got next to nothing there. Ulduar i skip most of the trash but i still noticed that i got next to nothing.

It was bad enough when blizz nerfed all the gold drops to old raid instances, but now trash drops nothing. Plus to add insult to injury they dont even mention it i hate stealth nerfs. CRZ broke the world for farming any item as their is too much competition atm. Im on a low pop server and my ah is dead my only choice for mats was instances and now blizz killed that too. Yes, im mad.

If you dont believe me go solo a non mop raid today and see how you fair with trash drops. Blizz why do you kill fun?
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#79 - May 6, 2014, 7:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've been following this thread all week – we wanted to provide information sooner, but we try to be discreet when it comes to measures taken to address exploits and game abuse. We applied a band-aid fix last week to scale down the drop-rate of Uncommon, Common, and Poor (green, white, and grey) items inside Burning Crusade raids and dungeons, proportional to group size – this is the same way gold works, and if you had a full 5-player party running a dungeon nothing would have changed, but if you were soloing a raid like Black Temple you would have seen a large reduction in vendorable items. Clearly that change, particularly undocumented, impacted innocent players. With today's maintenance, we've reverted that temporary fix and replaced it with an approach that should have zero impact on legitimate players.

That said, while we're very supportive of the activity of running legacy content, whether for transmog gear, crafting materials, trying to get that elusive second Warglaive, or just seeing places you never got to experience the first time around, we do need to keep an eye on the gold rewarded in the process. The core issue is that dungeons and raids yield much larger quantities of loot and materials, because they're designed to be split among 5, 10, or 25 players. But when you can go back and solo them later on, they can end up being disproportionately lucrative. We want them to still be rewarding and profitable (and clearly getting 3 grey drops from a full BT clear this past week was well short of that), but we may adjust the vendor-loot yield of legacy raids going forward into Warlords to keep the overall economy balanced. In any event, we'll provide much clearer documentation and advance notice if and when we do that.

Apologies for the radio silence regarding this change over the course of the past week.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#123 - May 7, 2014, 1:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
05/06/2014 05:43 PMPosted by Quizotic
well this blows........ guess no more running bc content, so much for my lock getting her trash drop shoulders which I think where a 1.3% drop rate from all the elf trash mods in TC

At no point did we (or would we) touch epic drop rates.

In any case, just to be 100% clear and for tl;dr purposes: The change we made last week was temporary and has been reverted. Everything is now back to how it was.