Heroic lockout question

#1 - May 1, 2014, 1:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
A bit silly but I wanted to be sure. Say I joined a fresh heroic SoO but never actually killed a boss with the group. Would I still be locked to heroic with that group?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#3 - May 1, 2014, 1:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
04/30/2014 06:32 PMPosted by Tydreion
A bit silly but I wanted to be sure. Say I joined a fresh heroic SoO but never actually killed a boss with the group. Would I still be locked to heroic with that group?

The details are still being worked out and may change. But with flex tech you're not locked to a particular raid instance. Eligibility for loot is based on which bosses you've already defeated that week. If you haven't defeated any bosses yet you can join a different Heroic flex and still be eligible for loot.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#10 - May 1, 2014, 2:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
04/30/2014 06:58 PMPosted by Gávinn
wait whats a heroic flex and where does it fall? is it harder then normals and drop better gear? Also your working late mr bird.

I was referring to Heroic mode post pre-expansion patch which will utilize flexible raid tech. Raiding structure is changing in Warlords as explained in this handy chart in Dev Watercooler: Raiding Azeroth Part 3—Warlords of Draenor.

So, it depends if the OP was referring to pre-expansion patch Heroic SoO which is going to be Mythic post pre-expansion patch or Heroic in post pre-expansion patch which is Normal mode currently. And I just confused myself. Doh.