This is dumb

#1 - April 30, 2014, 6 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I really don't appreciate the PoV that blizzard has for those of us who use LFR as our main raiding option. Reading their most recent blue post (from MMO-champ) I've gathered that they think the people who complete LFR are suddenly going to start venturing out and trying to do harder content. While that may be true for some it's not true for all. It took me a very long time to even be able to be considered for flex runs and whatnot on my server due to the super high standards every group leader seems to have. Having to out-gear an entire wing just to get into a group? What is the point?! Yes, let's do Flex 1 - but you have to have a 550+ ilvl...O_o

I'm saddened to see that they listened to all of the stupidity surrounding those players who are unable to limit their gameplay in a week and thus end up "burnt out" on NEW content in 2-3 months. That is NOT my fault. That is not the fault of other LFR players (well, maybe it's partially the fault of those who refuse to carry their weight thru the raid) that you felt some strange need to raid until you couldn't stand looking at the instance any more...but now you've gone and thrown a wrench in the cogs.

I hope you're all pleased now. LFR is no longer offering tier or decent trinkets. It was already just the crumbs of raiding in this game and now it's dissolving into dust.

Just one more way that Blizzard has decided to cater to the elitists and go against their word.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#59 - April 30, 2014, 7:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's important not to skip over the Group Finder section! It'll help everyone, regardless of their current focus, be able to find and create groups for content:

Another central innovation in Warlords is our Group Finder feature, which will allow players to easily form and search for raid groups (among other activities) with players from their entire region. While this series of blogs has mostly focused on pre-existing social structures, pick-up groups continue to be tremendously important. Chance meetings in such groups have formed the basis for many a friendship, and recurring weekly pickup groups have given rise to more than a few guilds over the years. For players who want to take the next step beyond Raid Finder, or who want to find a weekend run for their alt, or who just need a last-minute tenth member for their raid, Group Finder will make that process easier than ever before.

To your concern:
04/30/2014 11:00 AMPosted by Purrpledrank
It took me a very long time to even be able to be considered for flex runs and whatnot on my server due to the super high standards every group leader seems to have.

One pretty cool factor of the Group Finder tool will be that people won't be able to start groups and require things of others they themselves have not achieved. Such as requiring an ilvl higher than what they themselves currently have.

The new Group Finder will be something everyone has access to, it'll allow all players within an entire region to easily find each other, which will make it a very active place to find groups, and we hope through some smart options and rules, getting into organized group content much, much easier for everyone.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#78 - April 30, 2014, 7:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/30/2014 12:11 PMPosted by Gilloch
This implies that cross realm raiding will not be going away with WoD as has been previously stated.

Is this the case?

Who stated that? Both Normal and Heroic are flexible and cross-realm, and groups can be created for and/or joined for either using the new Group Finder tool, or any other method you like.

04/30/2014 12:19 PMPosted by Eberc
You haven't been reading all the released info about WoD, have you? Quests won't have text associated with them.

That's not correct. Where did you hear that?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#98 - April 30, 2014, 7:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/30/2014 12:21 PMPosted by Celista
Have you ever seen people this upset BEFORE AN EXPANSION WAS ACTUALLY RELEASED? Usually players are happy and excited for a new expansion!

I've been in Community for every World of Warcraft expansion, and yes, it's the same every single time.

People are always concerned with changes, and concern is fine, and we'll communicate our intent, and you'll tell us how well you think it'll work out, or if it seems like a good or bad idea for you and how you play the game, and we'll have a beta test where we figure all these things out, and we'll make adjustments, and decisions, and etc. etc.

It does tend to be a bit more upsetting before actual live testing begins. We announce changes, we put info out there, it's confusing, it's out of context a lot of the time, and it just is generally when our least productive feedback comes in. When testing actually begins and people can play the game and see how it's working, that's generally when things calm down, people see the results of these changes, there's context, and we can get into the nitty gritty testing and balancing.

But yes, I've seen people upset before every single expansion for the last 10 years. Mainly because saying "I'm so excited!" isn't much of a conversation starter. "This will ruin the game forever." tends to create more responses and threads. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#132 - April 30, 2014, 7:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/30/2014 12:46 PMPosted by Cyous
04/30/2014 12:38 PMPosted by Bashiok
When testing actually begins and people can play the game and see how it's working, that's generally when things calm down, people see the results of these changes, there's context, and we can get into the nitty gritty testing and balancing.

So... Soon(tm)?

:(

Do you sometimes believe people grab information from the titles/headers, rather than the articles themselves?

"WOD DOESNT HAVE FLYING"
"Hey, that makes me upset, I should blog about this... 'no flying in WOD, so bad."

You know.... those things.

Eh, maybe sometimes. I think most people do actually read things. The more frustrating situations are when people are repeating someone else's opinions on the thing they just read. It makes it really difficult to have a conversation because they haven't thought about it and have come to a conclusion, they just have the conclusion and that's it, and they'll cling to it for dear life regardless of arguments brought up. But whatever, such is the way of the world. Just gotta do your best and keep truckin'.

I say "It'll be fine." a lot. XD