How do I unlock the celestials loot?

#1 - April 29, 2014, 8:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
On the other world bosses before like oondasta and sha of anger I could just kill it and sometimes get loot, but I'm not on celestials, I killed it 20 times and used 20 dice for warforged seals and it doesn't work. That's a lot of times so now I know I am doing it wrong and would like to know what I need to do to unlock it so I can have a chance on it. I see people link their loot from it and it looks good, I think having one thing or even two from it would help a lot for killing guys on the isle. Do you have to do all of the raid finders to activate it? I don't want to do them. I did it twice and everyone died and then it attacked me and I died because I'm not a tank. So if that's what I have to do I will just stop killing the celestial and pressing dice on it. Do I have to kill them the same amount? I killed Chi Ji the bird a lot of times but not Niuzao the ox, only killed the ox once or maybe twice, and the serpent too I don't think I killed enough times.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - April 29, 2014, 9:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/29/2014 01:56 PMPosted by Teneea
04/29/2014 01:54 PMPosted by Stul
There is nothing you have to do other than be level 90, and attack them while another ally party attacks them (if their name box is grey, that's bad, if it is red / yellow, that is good).

You can only loot them once per week, and what you get is random (could be nothing but a box / gold).

These days, it doesn't even need to be an "ally"party. They are cross-faction taggable now.

Yup, we implemented a hotfix on April 7 to make all world bosses on the Pandaria continent open tap.

April 7
Creatures
  • All world bosses in Mists of Pandaria are no longer tap-to-faction. Players from both factions that engage the world boss at the same time are now eligible for loot.