Arena 0pt bug?

#1 - March 28, 2014, 9:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
http://i.imgur.com/dXM3V93.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/siXAo1k.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/X4DiCVm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/loygFDr.jpg

First screenshot, the hunter that i was playing with on my alt had 2150 cr, he should have got atleast 8+ pts.
Second screenshot, i should have got atleast +15 points on my alt sham. I didn't?
Third screenshot, the enemy team should have lost pts ( they have the cr and they lost), and my hunter didn't receive any points at all..?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#23 - March 29, 2014, 1:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Looking into this.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#39 - March 29, 2014, 2:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We recently implemented a hotfix to address a bug that allowed Personal Ratings to exceed Matchmaking Rating. As a result, some players may notice that they do not gain or lose Personal Rating in the wake of a match. As more matches are played, these ratings will normalize and converge to the correct rating, and Personal Rating will then rise or drop accordingly.

In the meantime, we will continue to monitor the situation and make further adjustments if necessary.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#454 - March 31, 2014, 7:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The intent of this change was to fix a bug that was allowing some players to boost their personal rating far above their matchmaking rating. Unfortunately, the change we made inadvertently affected many legitimate players as well, causing them to see a personal rating gain of 0 in some cases.

To correct this, we’ll be relaxing the boundaries at which the system will attempt to limit personal rating gains (or losses) in relation to a player’s individual MMR. Once this hotfix is live, you should once again see ratings gains or losses as normal as long as your personal rating is within 100 points of your individual MMR rating. Note that your own MMR is what matters here, not the average for your team (which is the number displayed at the end of a match).
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#466 - March 31, 2014, 8:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/31/2014 01:13 PMPosted by Stormlashx
Quick question, the hotfix going to be tomorrow?

Working to get it out ASAP, aiming for later today. I'll make sure we let everyone know once it's active.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#468 - March 31, 2014, 8:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/31/2014 01:23 PMPosted by Stormlashx
Thanks! Should we expect a blog post? Explaining, examples, etc... ?

Probably not a full blog post, but I'll answer what I can :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#473 - March 31, 2014, 8:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/31/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Help
So I'm assuming after a few games (1-5) this should balance out your MMR with your CR, since it's your personal, not team. And you should be gaining points per game? I haven't played 3's in a few days and I'm itching :D

Once the 100-point buffer is in place, most players should not notice much of a difference (if any) in point gains between how things work now and how they worked a few days ago. For the handful of players that are outside the 100-point boundary, it will take a few games for their ratings to correct themselves, but as long as they weren't doing anything shady it shouldn't take long even in those cases.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#474 - March 31, 2014, 8:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/31/2014 01:33 PMPosted by Stormlashx
Also, will this thread be locked @ 25 pages? If so, someone should start the a new thread with the questions.

I've extended the thread, so for my own sanity it's best to keep everything related to this topic here :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#479 - March 31, 2014, 8:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're currently not planning a rating reset, although we are continuing to monitor the situation and will make further adjustments if they prove to be necessary.

We also currently don't have any plans to display personal MMR, but we definitely understand why that can be frustrating and are discussing it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#507 - March 31, 2014, 10:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/31/2014 03:22 PMPosted by Illskane
This is irritating to me because I primarily RBG. Even with the 100 I am limited to not helping friends cap in 2's etc without sacrificing rating.

Not sure I follow. MMR is not shared between RBGs and Arenas (or even between Arena brackets). There's no reason that helping your friends cap in 2's would in any way affect your RBG rating.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#639 - April 1, 2014, 5:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As of this morning's restarts, the 100-point buffer hotfix should now be live. That should resolve the issue of 0pt ratings gains for the vast majority of affected players, but please let us know if you're still having issues.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#646 - April 1, 2014, 6:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/01/2014 10:42 AMPosted by Bailamostar
@Lore I hope you read Vexlander's posts on this thread. Essentially 2200, 2300, 2400, and 2500 are unattainable titles in the status quo and even within a 100 point buffer. Holinka acknowledged that inflation coding was missing from the RBG data. Thus, we see up to 2800 MMR at the top end of arena but ever depreciating MMR bottlenecked at 2100 this season for RBGs. Why not inflate the system so that we can achieve titles and rating comparable to previous seasons. Should new players to the system never be able to attain what older ones have? This has gone on for three seasons. It's time for a change.

Agreed.

This was also hotfixed in this morning's restarts :) RBG ratings will now properly inflate.