Pirate day - Why bother?

#0 - Sept. 19, 2009, 5:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This is probably one of the weakest attempts at a "holiday event" I've ever seen. Okay, so we go to Booty Bay, find the pirate chick, and have...a...drink. Wow, I can barely contain myself here. No quests, nothing to purchase or collect, no challenging achievements to work on, and to top it all off, the "persistent" 12-hour buff you get from the ONE achievement there is...only works properly if you do nothing but sit around in a major city all day. Most of the people who are interested in the pirate look, already have other methods to do it.

So, thanks...?
#6 - Sept. 19, 2009, 6:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Pirate's Day be different from big holidays like Brewfest or Hallow's End, matey... 'tis a simple, one day event makin' dressin' up like a pirate easy, with no frills or rush t'get things done. It be fun fer the sake of bein' fun, an' nothin' more.

So aye, matey, yer welcome fer the one day diversion.
#53 - Sept. 19, 2009, 6:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
This is probably one of the weakest attempts at a "holiday event" I've ever seen. Okay, so we go to Booty Bay, find the pirate chick, and have...a...drink. Wow, I can barely contain myself here. No quests, nothing to purchase or collect, no challenging achievements to work on, and to top it all off, the "persistent" 12-hour buff you get from the ONE achievement there is...only works properly if you do nothing but sit around in a major city all day. Most of the people who are interested in the pirate look, already have other methods to do it.

So, thanks...?

Ye just be a needin' to enjoy yer time with the captain and let out da piratin' spirit in ye!
#206 - Sept. 21, 2009, 7:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I would have enjoyed it more, but I'm a druid and my costume lasted all of about 30 seconds till I switched to a form.

Way to alienate one of your classes.

Uhm....

Arrrrrrrrrrrggghhhh!

?