Got nothing what to do before WoD?

#1 - March 12, 2014, 7:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Heyo~

Many people are complaining that they don't have what to do anymore and WoD is only coming out in half a year. So I'll try and help you find something to do, so you wouldn't need to make qq posts.

~ Switch what you're playing against
    PvE :
You're a PvEr and you're tired of SoO because you have already cleared it 21¼ times? Well, go try PvP. PvP is full of surprises, full of awesome people, require fast reactions and is pretty satisfying when you kill a player(IN-GAME of course o.o) .

PvP :
Oh, sorry, you're a PvPer already? Go PvE! I'm a PvP player myself, and I'm getting into PvE more and more! I'm close to obtaining my last PvP achievement that I always wanted(which is getting the beautiful PvP mount) this expansion, so after I'm done with it, I'll probably will try and get SoO normal done!...hopefully

~ Farm
    Mounts :
Always wanted a mount, but were to lazy to get it? Go ahead and do it now. It's not like you've got anything else what to do... I'll suggest getting the one from stonecore! It's a pretty sweet mount :3

It "kills" the time and usually faction that you get exalted with offers pretty cool stuff. For example - a mount, or new crafting plans to make yourself look cooler or richer!

Gear :
Oh man, remember you mentioned that set you always wanted? Yup... would look freaking hot on you ~ You know what? Why don't you go and try getting it? I'm pretty sure not only others will think you look pretty damn awesome, but you will also feel great for looking... great :D

Egh.. got a mog you already like or you're just one of those who don't really care about how they look? Well, why not try and get the gear that would be an upgrade? Maybe you've got some pieces missing for honor or you got that one boss in SoO that would drop an item what would be your best in slot item?

~ Make gold!
    Professions :
If you don't have professions or you're just to lazy to level them - pull yourself together and max it out! Not only you will feel better for having something that can benefit you in either PvP or PvE, but it will also bring you gold! Egh... imagine if you had enough to afford that beautiful un-obtainable mount from Black Market...

Mats :
If you play a class that has AoE's, why not go and farm up some stuff that would either be a great boost for your profession or sell them to make A LOT of gold? I'll give out one awesome spot! : Go to Windward isle (in Jade Forest), and you will see some mobs attacking a poor serpent. If you kill them, they will start spawning next to the dirt, which will allow you to farm a lot of different mats! Oh and, don't forget to bring a potion of luck with you, for extra bling bling's!

Old raids :
There are so many beautiful raids out there, that should be re-ran multiple times, to appreciate it's beauty! Why not make it a gold run at the same time? or even transmog run? You can get much gold by doing any level raid runs!

~ Playing with or without
    Fun with friends! :
Never really played the game with a friend ? Well, you should! It opens so many possibilities to obtain something you always wanted. It obviously boosts your mood, because you're having fun with someone that cares about you!

Soloing :
Tough guy, eh? Well, go ahead and test your skills versus other players or monsters in the open world! Maybe you still don't have the green fire, or you really want to get the last transmog piece but you can't really solo it? Keep trying! I believe in you! :3

~ Other :
    Other games! :
Blizzard has made so many awesome games! Why not give it a shot? My most favorite ones are Warcraft II and III ! :D
While we are at it, don't forget to grab a free mount for WoW by winning 3 ranked or unranked Hearthstone games!

Roleplay :
This is something completely different, and that's why it's exciting! Imagine a world where instead of flying or running, people walk, they talk to each other(even with random players) in all chat(/s) while sitting next to a warm fire or walk thro a forest, do meetings and so! Sounds boring? Nah, it's really fun! You should totally give it a shot and join one of the biggest RP realms - Argent Dawn!

Pet Battles :
If you enjoy(ed) Pokemon series, why not try pet battles? It's really fun!

Different faction :
If you haven't already, you should definitely try opposite faction! New races, new starting locations, story, quest and quest zones, capitals and players! It might not seem like a big deal, but it's really entertaining and refreshing!

Different spec/ class :
Been DPS for forever and you just really don't have anything else what to do, because you've got the best gear in slot, or just simply bored of the rotations? Well, why not try a different spec? Not only it's something new, different and interesting, but also unlocks many new possibilities! We all know how annoying it is to find a raid group that would take you with them if you're a DPS :p

Proving grounds :
Try your strength and knowledge in a solo challenge for rewards! Or maybe you're one of those who got the instant 90 and don't really know how to play the class? Well, go to proving grounds and try to learn it there! The place is located Kun-lai summit, and it's in the Temple of the white tiger! Good luck!

Challange modes :
Test your patience, knowledge and strength by doing extremely challenging dungeons with other 4 players! Your gear gets scaled down, monsters hit super hard and stuff on the floor can easily 1 shot you! If you're one of those who want to test their class or just want to get amazing rewards like title, mount or even amazing class gear, go ahead and try it out! Good luck!

Ironman challange :
Extremely fun and challanging! Pretty much level a character with only white or gray items, no buffs, assistance of friends or addons! Best thing about it is if you die - you start over! :D For more info you can look up at www.wowironman.com .

Level an alt :
I'm pretty sure most of us already have one or two alts, but hey, the more the better! I personally use them for professions and looks, while others play them to help a friend, or get to know more about a specific class! Who knows, maybe leveling an alt will make it your new main? :o

Archaeology :
Some find this fun, some find it annoying, but still do it! You travel around Azeroth , looking for digsites , and collect fragments of different races, to create items. You might get a rare item, like a mount, a weapon, pet or other cool toys!

Twink a toon :
There are people who level a character up to a specific level and lock their XP gain, so they could raid and so, to obtain the best that level gear, enchants and so! It gives that old expansion feeling, that many like! :D

Fishing :
Fish! It might look boring at first, but it's actually pretty sweet! You fish your own food mats, can get cool looking fishing rods and there's even a chance to get a turtle mount! How cool is that?!

Multiboxing :
Multiboxing is pretty interesting thing. You pretty much play on more than one account at the same time. It is legal, but kind of difficult. Many use it for professions, others for ganking and "soloing" content. More info can be found in http://www.wowwiki.com/Multiboxing .

I would like to thank these people for either throwing another sweet suggestion or giving a cool examples or guides on them! : Eolien, Javool, Nemesis, Takralus, Quit, Gashna, Consecra, Mskiinz, Rohirrim, Ugraak, Reclusive, Frøÿa, Huzzaa, Delayne, Zalaro, Barendon, Morisato, Quinn, Hundaru, Aylward, Sharein, Berwyn, Loonaria, Silvergrace, Eludia, Meldoras, Harryprotter, Denzebar, Kardagh, Dizi, Rhovanor, Mïkehunt, Sallamander, Saphiramoon, Schmonz, Liuna, Kyzul, Drenaid, Wodenburg. <3

If I missed someone, I'm sorry! Let me know and I'll fix it! :x

I'm pretty sure there are more stuff that can be done, and hopefully there will be more people like those who I mentioned above, that will respond with an interesting suggestion on how to spend that time before WoD comes out!

You take care, mkay. ~
Forum Avatar
Community
#20 - March 13, 2014, 9:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Awesome list, Mayakii! I've done much of what you mentioned lately, including soloing old raids, and yes I finally got that set I always wanted (plus about 5 others I never knew I wanted) :D

Another thing I'd recommend is trying the game as the opposite faction. If you've mostly only played on one faction, you're virtually missing out on 50% of the story; you get to see cities, quests, locations, and NPCs you never knew existed before. I rolled a new Undead last night, exploring the Horde side of the game fully is going to keep me busy for some time \o/