Minutes away!

#1 - Feb. 28, 2014, 1:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Were just minutes away here folks! Join me as we start the countdown and watch the ball drop....
No but really I hope there is some good content in this.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - Feb. 28, 2014, 2:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Linking here for convenience.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13107743/dev-watercooler-pruning-the-garden-of-war-2-27-2014

Thoughts?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#36 - Feb. 28, 2014, 2:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/27/2014 06:19 PMPosted by Myrenia
outside of clarification of CC changes.

Those are reasonably significant clarifications of intent, though. They easily could have merited a blog of their own.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#56 - Feb. 28, 2014, 2:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/27/2014 06:27 PMPosted by Bistra
I thought it was a great article on "why". I think the dissapointment people are showing is that they expected more if "what" is changing.

Sure, that's understandable. The 'why' is pretty important though. Hopefully some of that will reach the ears of players who hadn't been aware of it before.

02/27/2014 06:35 PMPosted by Gávinn
they are giving everyone the same racial...wth

Similar, perhaps, but not the same. Certainly not to the extent that you seem to be suggesting. Though it could readily be argued that's already the case with the existing racials to a greater or lesser extent.

Having seen them(!), I'll say that they vary in the specifics in a way that feels nicely flavorful to me.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#57 - Feb. 28, 2014, 2:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/27/2014 06:35 PMPosted by Gávinn
they are giving everyone the same racial...wth

Similar, perhaps, but not the same. Though it could readily be argued that's already the case to a greater or lesser extent.

Having seen them(!), I'll say that they vary in the specifics in a way that feels flavorful to me.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#89 - Feb. 28, 2014, 3:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/27/2014 06:27 PMPosted by Bistra
I thought it was a great article on "why". I think the dissapointment people are showing is that they expected more if "what" is changing.

To a large extent, those that have been avid readers on the forums are already well informed; having been following every bit of information that has come out (and conveniently forgotten the parts that actually were new).

This is part of a test for the new formatting that we're going to be trying out for patch notes minus the patch notes. When this gets paired with the patch notes it should provide much better context for the changes and avoid a large part of the /angry when people have no idea why X or Y got changed the way it did.

For others, the compiled info is a great way to get up to speed on what's happening so far and what's coming down the pipeline.