Connected Realms – Updated 8/21

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Feb. 20, 2014, 11:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We will be connecting the realms listed below on Thursday, August 21 during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 5 a.m. PDT through approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.
  • Lightninghoof and Maelstrom, The Venture Co
  • Shattered Hand and Coilfang, Dark Iron, Dalvengyr, and Demon Soul
  • Sisters of Elune and Cenarion Circle

* Plans for these connections may change at any time, but we’ll provide additional updates on specific dates for future connections here as we can. Please note that as a part of the connection process realm times may change to match each other.
For more information on Connected Realms, please read the preview blog post here.

FAQ

Q. My realm needs connecting, why isn’t it listed?
A. The connections listed are the phases we’ve currently finalized and have planned connection dates or estimates available for. Additional connections are possible, but they just haven’t reached that stage yet. We’ll be updating the realm connection list as phases complete and new phases are planned.

Q. When will my realm be connected?
A. We'll update this thread with the latest information on currently planned phases.

Q. My realm has a lower population than those on the list, why isn’t mine being connected first?
A. Realm connections are based on a number of factors including population, faction balance, the realm’s physical location in the world compared to other realms it may be connected to, among others. It’s also worth noting that websites which attempt to track population, while helpful in many ways, are estimates based on public data which may not provide the clearest picture of actual population.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#34 - Feb. 21, 2014, 2 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/20/2014 03:33 PMPosted by Vivax
Found an error

Ghostlands + Kael'thas is listed for March 6th connection and also as not having a date yet

I fixed it. Thanks!

So wait, are Eredar and Gorefiend going to be merged too?

Yes, sorry. I added it into the other connection too to show they're all being connected.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#153 - Feb. 28, 2014, 9:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The listing has been updated and also accounts for the realm connections that were recently postponed.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#155 - Feb. 28, 2014, 10:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/28/2014 02:15 PMPosted by Fiinerra
Small typo, Sentinels not Sentinals

Fixed. Thanks.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#253 - March 7, 2014, 5:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The connections have been updated. Drak'thul and Skywall were rescheduled to 3/13. Should there be any more updates before then, we'll update this thread and the blog post.

It's worth noting that when there are delays, it's generally just due to additional database work that needs to occur to make it a smooth connection.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#376 - March 28, 2014, 2:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The Connected Realm listings have been updated. Borean Tundra and Shadowsong have been rescheduled to 4/3 (next Thursday).
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#673 - May 8, 2014, 6:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
*Please note that further realm connections are on hold pending further back end work. We don't have an ETA on when these will resume, but we'll update this thread and the blog post once connections resume.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#759 - June 6, 2014, 9:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've updated the listing based on the current plans. That doesn't mean it won't happen, it just means it's not currently scheduled. We'll keep updating as we get information to share. Generally, updates happen after the next group of connections.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#832 - June 13, 2014, 6:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The connection schedule has been updated again.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#931 - July 1, 2014, 4:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The connections have been corrected and the previously scheduled July 3 realms are still on the list. Sorry for the bad shuffle on those.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#935 - July 1, 2014, 6:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/01/2014 11:23 AMPosted by Tarashan
07/01/2014 10:21 AMPosted by Cashmaker
Can someone explain what is TBD ? To be decided ?

TBD is To Be Decided.

Correct. I may have more updates on what those are and wanted to leave a placeholder that I could easily update.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#966 - July 10, 2014, 10:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/10/2014 08:03 AMPosted by Weekender
02/20/2014 03:07 PMPosted by Nethaera
Zuluhed and Andorhal, Scilla, and Ursin

I haven't seen these realms go down at all for maintenance this morning.
Delayed?

Yes. They're postponed for now. Sorry for the delay in notice. We'll update this again as soon as we can.