Cross Server Account Bound Mail

#1 - Feb. 20, 2014, 8:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've come back to Warcraft after a break of few years and I've read a bit about cross real account bound mail, but can't seem to figure out if it's live. I can't get it to work in game for myself, but this could be because of a lack of knowledge on my part. The only official posts I've seen talk about this being tested in version 5.4.2 on the PTR, but we're in 5.4.7 now, correct? So I'm assuming this has been implemented and I just can't figure it out. Is it that only "connected" realms are able to mail cross server? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - Feb. 20, 2014, 9:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The ability to mail account-bound items to characters that are cross-realm was added back in Patch 5.4.2 (under the Patch Notes tab).

Items

• Players are now able to mail account-bound items to other characters that reside on a different realm on the same account. To send cross-realm mail: enter the character's name, followed by a hyphen "-", followed by the realm name. Note that cross-realm mail can only send account-bound items, not other items or gold.