What's going on with the WoW Armory?

#1 - Feb. 19, 2014, 2:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I can't access the Armory and i can't use Mr. Robot. What's going on?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#9 - Feb. 19, 2014, 3:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/18/2014 06:35 PMPosted by Pyriaeda
I can't access the Armory and i can't use Mr. Robot. What's going on?

We're aware of the issue and looking into it. I don't have an ETA regarding when the Armory will be available, but technicians are investigating as we speak.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#14 - Feb. 19, 2014, 3:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/18/2014 07:12 PMPosted by Marilyssa
You mean, as we write, don't you? :)

I read every forum post out loud.

Every. One.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#133 - Feb. 20, 2014, 12:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/18/2014 07:59 PMPosted by Aracielle
Do you make up voices for each different poster?

No, it's always Sean Connery's voice.

Always.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#136 - Feb. 20, 2014, 12:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/19/2014 04:29 PMPosted by Roblinz
Any update to this issue?

It's still under investigation, Roblinz.

Sorry for the wait, but thanks for bearing with us.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#144 - Feb. 20, 2014, 12:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/19/2014 04:39 PMPosted by Shaso
like, Bond Connery,

or like, Zardoz Connery?

Time Bandits? Darby O'Gill and the Little People perhaps?

No, I kid. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Connery, obviously.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#148 - Feb. 20, 2014, 12:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/19/2014 04:53 PMPosted by Daxxarri
02/19/2014 04:39 PMPosted by Shaso
like, Bond Connery,

or like, Zardoz Connery?

the armory has been screwed up for almost a whole day and it's still 'under investigation'? Blizz haven't pinpointed the problem? thanks for the updates mod, but the RnD team seem to be a little....slow for a multi-million dollar company.

Just saiyan

Even when an issue is identified, that doesn't mean that a solution presents itself immediately. Some issues are trickier to fix than others, or are dependent on other events or fixes taking place before they can be resolved.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#151 - Feb. 20, 2014, 1:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post

[quote]the armory has been screwed up for almost a whole day and it's still 'under investigation'? Blizz haven't pinpointed the problem? thanks for the updates mod, but the RnD team seem to be a little....slow for a multi-million dollar company.

Just saiyan

Even when an issue is identified, that doesn't mean that a solution presents itself immediately. Some issues are trickier to fix than others, or are dependent on other events or fixes taking place before they can be resolved.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#155 - Feb. 20, 2014, 1:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/19/2014 05:10 PMPosted by Megabrooks
We know you guys are working on it. We would just like to know when it is estimated to be resolved, so we can work around it

Well sure! If I had a realistic ETA it would only be to the advantage of everyone if I shared it. It's just not always possible.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#160 - Feb. 20, 2014, 1:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/19/2014 05:26 PMPosted by Megabrooks
how about an unrealistic one?

Codex of Daxx
Chapter 20
Verse 12

When the seas have become boiling acid. When the parched earth cracks below thy feet, and twisted things emerge from beneath to caper through burning city streets. When the skies send razors of scorching dust to flay the flesh from thy ungirded countenance. When all of humankind is forced to huddle within tombs of steel and glass to escape the wrath of nature's vengeance.

It is then when heroes such as thyself will venture out into the haunted wastes in search of hope's gloaming spectre. It is then that the foretold day shall come to pass: that the Armory shall be fixed.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#161 - Feb. 20, 2014, 1:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post

Codex of Daxx
Chapter 20
Verse 12

When the seas have become boiling acid. When the parched earth cracks beneath thy feet, and twisted things emerge from the depths to caper through burning city streets. When the skies send razors of scorching dust to flay the flesh from thy ungirded countenance. When all of humankind is forced to huddle within tombs of steel and glass to escape the wrath of nature's vengeance.

It is then when heroes such as thyself will venture out into the haunted wastes in search of hope's gloaming spectre. It is then that the foretold day shall come to pass: that the Armory shall be fixed.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#163 - Feb. 20, 2014, 1:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post

Codex of Daxx
Chapter 20
Verse 12

When the seas have become boiling acid. When the parched earth cracks beneath thy feet, and twisted things emerge from the depths to caper through burning city streets. When the skies send razors of scorching dust to flay the flesh from thy ungirded countenance. When all of humankind is forced to huddle within tombs of steel and glass to escape the wrath of nature's vengeance.

[/quote]
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#180 - Feb. 20, 2014, 2:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/19/2014 06:10 PMPosted by Eliil
Daxxari, I don't mean to be rude, but I have friends that I paid good money for to get them mounts for their birthdays and things and they still don't have them back, how can they reclaim them please, is there a record of all their purchases etc? I just don't understand why there could be a stuff up like this.

I sympathize, but that's separate from Armory functionality, Eliil. You can follow that issue here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11763816937
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#185 - Feb. 20, 2014, 2:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/19/2014 06:07 PMPosted by Sandsinger
I think I love you

"Think"? Nuh uh. I require more of a commitment than that, young lady. ಠ_ರೃ

02/19/2014 06:28 PMPosted by Íroh
Why does it look like you're always doing the potty dance?

Listen to Stevie Wonder's Superstition while you watch Pierre over there. It's fun.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#188 - Feb. 20, 2014, 2:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/19/2014 06:41 PMPosted by Eliil
Oh I thought the Armory issue and the mount issue was kind of the same thing or that the two were somehow related.

Nothing that I've seen indicates that the two issues are related. Lots of irons in the fire at the moment!

02/19/2014 06:40 PMPosted by Waffletime
I am now imagining everything in a Sean Connery voice... damn it's sexy!

Or weird. Now I'm imaging a vast city of Conneries, all carrying on conversation.

It's eerie.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#195 - Feb. 20, 2014, 2:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Or drool worthy...

<_<

>_>

Well, you're an odd little thing, aren't you?

02/19/2014 06:50 PMPosted by Eliil
its like a bomb went off lol

Fortunately, it's not as bad as all that, though I certainly empathize with those who'd like to be using the Armory, or those mounts and pets right about now.

02/19/2014 06:54 PMPosted by Tricán
Is there any update to this other then the chitter chatter going on between CM and random players? Its been over 24 hours now and we don't have an ETA or any new information yet.

Not as of yet, no. Should I receive any updates or information regarding an ETA I'll be delighted to share it as soon as possible.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#337 - Feb. 20, 2014, 7:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey all!

We tested a fix, but it did not reach all affected players.

The investigation is ongoing, and thanks again for your patience in the mean time.
#383 - Feb. 20, 2014, 10:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're in the process of rolling out the fix to the API (Which Mr Robot relies on), as well as finishing up the mobile and website deploys.

Apologies for the inconvenience!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#390 - Feb. 20, 2014, 10:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/20/2014 02:33 PMPosted by Frostgöttin
LOL an additional 6 hours down today and this is not fixed still. Let me guess we need to give up a raid tier to get it fixed?

When was the last time you tried? That's not sarcasm - just checking to make sure that we're not still experiencing isolated issues with individual players. I can view your profile just fine, for the record.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#413 - Feb. 21, 2014, 12:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
For those of you who still seem to be experiencing updating issues:

• Are they still persisting? How long did you wait to check after logging out?
  • Did you log in, and then log out completely and shut down World of Warcraft before you checked the Armory for updates?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#433 - Feb. 21, 2014, 2:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks all.

Forwarding this along, and I'll provide more information as it becomes available.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#435 - Feb. 21, 2014, 2:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/20/2014 06:16 PMPosted by Icesurfer
May just want to highly suggest Ctrl + F5 for it

Did that work for you?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#438 - Feb. 21, 2014, 2:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
In that case, can those of you who are reporting this issue please use ctrl + F5 or manually clear your browser cache and let me know if your Armory profile is updating correctly after you do that?

Thanks!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#444 - Feb. 21, 2014, 2:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks for the information guys.

Armory updating issues are currently under investigation!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#479 - Feb. 21, 2014, 6:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/21/2014 05:12 AMPosted by Nightspell
I have multiple characters, and i have like 3 thats not updating, and the rest are... what gives

We're aware that some characters are still not updating, and it's an issue we're continuing to work to resolve.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#483 - Feb. 21, 2014, 9:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
These issues should now be resolved!

Please remember to log into and out of your characters, and please let us know if your Armory profile is failing to update.

Thanks again for your patience!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#486 - Feb. 21, 2014, 10:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I assume you already brought that up on the Website Bug Report forum, KC?