Do we need 3 store buttons for 16 items?

#1 - Feb. 18, 2014, 10:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have no problem with shortcuts to virtual stores. But however, I hardly call 16 items currently worthy of it's own section. I have already bought 4 of the items on this battlenet account and 10 on my other one. Why do I want to see stuff that I already own or plan on owning?

Netflix has a bunch of shortcuts, but there are hundreds of movies to choose from. PSN and XBL have many places to buy content, but there are thousands of things to buy.

With blizzard in game store we have a button in the character screen, one in the game menu, one on the action windows and what for? To buy some mount we could always go on the site for? I mean who hasn't heard about the iron skyreaver by now? It's not like we get weekly or even monthly updates with that.

So I ask again: Why?

Unless blizzard has some plan to make more stuff, then I fail to see the point of making more buttons and more links to their so called store.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - Feb. 18, 2014, 10:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/18/2014 02:31 PMPosted by Wolfar
The 90 boosts will be on the store with an additional button called "services", that's why. It makes sense to sell them from the character screen.

Yeah, it just seemed odd to require someone to log into a character to purchase a service for that character. Or, in the event that the service requires a character be logged out to use, to have to create or log into an alt to do it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#8 - Feb. 18, 2014, 10:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/18/2014 02:42 PMPosted by Xeniri
02/18/2014 02:39 PMPosted by Bashiok

Yeah, it just seemed odd to require someone to log into a character to purchase a service for that character. Or, in the event that the service requires a character be logged out to use, to have to create or log into an alt to do it.

I really can't tell. Is that sarcasm?

No, why would it be?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - Feb. 18, 2014, 10:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/18/2014 02:45 PMPosted by Masanori
02/18/2014 02:43 PMPosted by Bashiok
No, why would it be?

On the topic of buying that service... can you make any comment on if it'll be available today? Or is it going to be made available at a later date between now and WoD's launch (perhaps the preorder day)?

I'd recommend reading through the Warlords of Draenor Scouting Report post.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#38 - Feb. 18, 2014, 11:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/18/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Messer

No, why would it be?

Hi Bashiok, meet Bashiok

Touché...

02/18/2014 03:10 PMPosted by Draenybrit

I'd recommend reading through the Warlords of Draenor Scouting Report post.

That says nothing about the date or potential date. Thanks.

Correct! It says "Warlords of Draenor will be available for pre-purchase digitally Soon™" which is the last thing we've said on the matter. Once something else is announced it will most assuredly be on the front page of the website, as well as within the texts of many fine news purveyors.