Challenge Mode Gone next week?

#1 - Feb. 15, 2014, 2:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/12930280/challenge-mode-end-of-season-early-warning-2-13-2014
According to that, it's going away, from what i read, the last patch of MoP.

However, last patch of mop could easily be the next patch coming this Tuesday. So, are Challenge modes staying, or gone after next Tuesday?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Feb. 15, 2014, 2:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Challenge Modes are not going away in 5.4.7. The End of Season Early Warning blog was meant to provide advance notice it will go away in a patch after 5.4.7 but prior to the Warlords of Draenor expansion.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - Feb. 15, 2014, 2:46 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/14/2014 06:42 PMPosted by Pallybeb
Why are challenge modes being disabled before the expansion until next expansion? hint at new leaderboard tech?!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

The full explanation is in the blog. The short of it is, Challenge Mode is based on it being a challenge with current mechanics and, lots of mechanics will be changing in the pre-expansion patch.

With Warlords of Draenor’s class changes, itemization changes (e.g. the removal of Hit and Expertise), and—of course—increased level cap on the horizon, the difficulty of Mists of Pandaria’s dungeons will no longer be tuned the same as they were. In the spirit of fair play, when the aforementioned patch is released a little while before the new expansion launches, the current slate of Challenge Mode dungeons will no longer be available, and the achievements they award will be converted to Feats of Strength.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - Feb. 15, 2014, 2:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/14/2014 06:47 PMPosted by Lacryma
02/14/2014 06:37 PMPosted by Rygarius
Challenge Modes are not going away in 5.4.7. The End of Season Early Warning blog was meant to provide advance notice it will go away in a patch after 5.4.7 but prior to the Warlords of Draenor expansion.

Hey Rygarius, for those of us who are starting to work on them now do you have a general idea of how much time we have? Like a Month, two? I ask mainly as it'd help me figure out how much time I have, and thus how to schedule things.

If you don't know, well thanks for reading anyways. :)

All the information I have right now is some time after 5.4.7 and a patch prior to the expansion’s release.