Increase number of macros

#1 - Feb. 2, 2014, 11:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So I looked it up, and this topic has been discussed before (surprise!). Even a blue post saying that they were gonna look into it, but here we are, 2 years later, and the macro slots available is still very limited. I've gotten to the point where all my macro slots are filled on all characters (obviously including the "account wide" macro thing, and that is not because of a bad understanding of how to make effective macros. I also understand that the gap between pvp and pve players is big, and that the number of pvp players actually using the amount of macros they should, is very low. But I cant imagine this would require that much of an effort from blizzards side, so what is the reasoning? Why dont we have more macro slots yet?
Forum Avatar
Community
#3 - Feb. 3, 2014, 4:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'll try to find out more about changes to macros in WoD. In the meantime, the last I heard was that devs were looking into the possibility of adding more macro slots. More importantly, they were trying to find a way to make the system smarter, so that you wouldn't “need” to rely on so many macros in the first place.

Macros are certainly something that we want to address, but it's probably something that won't happen in the short term. Will let you know if I find out anything else.