Connected Realms Update - 29/01

Forum Avatar
Community
#1 - Jan. 29, 2014, 8:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The following realms were connected earlier:

English Realms
  • (PvP) Auchindoun and Jaedenar

Unfortunately, Xavius and Skullcrusher has been temporarily postponed. We will update this post with updated information as soon as it's available.

The following realms are scheduled to be connected next:

English Realms
  • (PvP) Dragonmaw and Haomarush
  • (PvP) Zenedar and Bladefist
  • (PvP) Deathwing and Karazhan/Lightning’s Blade
French Realms
  • (PvE) Krasus and Eitrigg
German Realms
  • (PvP) Blutkessel and Arthas/Vek’lor

Plans for these connections may change at any time. We’ll provide additional updates for future connections here as soon as we can.

To see a list of all realms connected so far, see our other forum post. For more information on Connected Realms, please read the preview blog post here.

FAQ
Q. My realm needs connecting, is it on your list?
A. All low and some medium population realms will be connected. They’ll all have a healthy population when we’re done. Don't worry, we're aware of the exact situation on each realm.

Q. When will my realm be connected?
A. We'll keep you posted on the latest information as we get it. It's an ongoing process and the schedule is updated as we progress.

Q. My realm has a lower population than some of those on the list, why isn’t mine being connected first?
A. The order we connect realms depends on a number of technical factors, but we will get to them all.
Forum Avatar
Community
#11 - Jan. 29, 2014, 9:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
29/01/2014 09:08Posted by Tumbuktu
I'm guessing the rest of the connections are going through next Wednesday? Or can they happen at any moment? Whip those hamsters Blizz you've got a lot of work to do!

Hehe, next Wednesday is looking likely at this point, yup. However, as I always say, things could change so don't quote me ;)
Forum Avatar
Community
#13 - Jan. 29, 2014, 9:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
29/01/2014 09:14Posted by Nátasha
29/01/2014 09:03Posted by Himmelfisken
[quote="95358853703"]Would you please be able to tell me if Ghostlands EU will be connected? It has been dead for ages. And I have recently noticed it has gone to a “New Player” realm.
What does this mean? We will not be connected?

Himmelfisken, you are missing my point, my realm is not listed as "low" or Medium".
its listed as "New Players" But it use to be listed as "Medium"

Chamber of aspects use to be "New Players" but is now "High" pop.

I think the question really has to be is Ghostlands taken Chamer of aspects place?

It just means that's the realm we recommend for new players, as it's not queued and it has a decent faction balance. Before it was labelled as New Players it was Low/Medium, I hope that answers your question :)
Forum Avatar
Community
#24 - Jan. 29, 2014, 10:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We've been preparing several of the realms that are due to be connected soon, which is why some of you may be experiencing issues in the run-up to that. Apologies for this.

Update: We're working on it, so it's not necessary to contact support about it for now. Please don't make a new guild if your guild is not appearing.
Forum Avatar
Community
#39 - Jan. 29, 2014, 1:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just updated my earlier post but I'll post again for visibility: We're aware of the issues with guilds vanishing on a couple of realms since last night's maintenance. We're working on it, it's not necessary to make a ticket but please do not make a new guild in the meantime as it will delay our progress.
Forum Avatar
Community
#41 - Jan. 29, 2014, 1:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
29/01/2014 13:53Posted by Litilia
I cant even view my characters on aggramar - let alone guild information!!

Okay, thanks for the info Litilia.