Your Thoughts on 550 ilvl Prideful PVP Gear

#1 - Jan. 24, 2014, 9:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Per MMO-C, the new season will be 550. Just wanted to get a snippet of the community's thoughts on this.

Some potential talking points:

- World PVP: many threads here expressed concerns about the viability of PVP gear in world PVP. Does this essentially level the playing field? Or is it too strong vs folks in 496 Timeless Gear?

- Will you use Prideful as a PVE gearing path since the item level is close to SoO normal? Perhaps using Prideful to fill in those last few slots to help you raid normal or get into a flex group. Remember that the 90 character boosts should be coming around the same time.

- Any other thoughts or your concerns you have

Thanks all.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#25 - Jan. 24, 2014, 10:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/24/2014 01:22 PMPosted by Abendroth
I'm 50/50. I'm concerned that PvP gear will be much easier to get than equivalent PvE gear. But yet is indeed harder to acquire than timeless or LFR and should as such be better. I would vote for 540, which is flex level.

It's important to remember that Flex gear can be upgraded to item level 548, and has extra advantages through things like sockets and set bonuses. We don't feel that the extra 2 item levels on Prideful pieces are going to make them more desirable for Flex raiders.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#36 - Jan. 24, 2014, 10:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/24/2014 02:06 PMPosted by Locruid
And yet non-arena gear remains the same. So my days of PVP for a bit are over. I have no desire to "Arena" or RBG. Yet I get screwed more and more for PVP

If you're referring to Honor gear, as in previous seasons, we'll be making the last season's (Grievous) gear available for Honor.