Dispells in cataclysm

#0 - Sept. 22, 2009, 11:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So i heard in cataclysm all healing classes get dispelss?

Now i like to be constructive but i just have to say what the @@## blizz WHAT THE @@##ING HELL!!!!1

As a frost mage you gotta love melee classes which u can kite np in 1v1 becoming unstoppable juggenauts with a pocket healer/dispeller... but i can get over that

dont let me get even started a single shammy/priest just blowing away offense/defense by almost instantly dispelling barrier or icy veins ,this is even worse if you are arcane since you depend on this way more....

At least up untll now if a druid was healer that meant you can at least cc the dps but now fighting druids is gonna be fun fun root me dispell slows on warrior its really gonna be a ball let me tell ya ....

now in cataclys either make dispells waaay less powerfull or give casters dispell protection or else this game will really be a world of meleecraft.....

sorry for bad grammer and leter swallowing i had real little time to write this and i was a little agitated by hordes of dispellers ampaging throo battlegrounds and ruining the fun of it for me i know rmp is good and that mage does fine in arena and 1v1

Its jsut so @@##ing annying when healers need to be nerfed i is usualy type of nerf that nerfs casters mroe and when melee burst needs nerf they jsut buff resilience and make my frostbolts hit 2k....
#20 - Feb. 8, 2010, 4 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You dont think they will try to balance it after the new spells and such? jesus

We will be able to talk more about dispels in Cataclysm when we get a little closer to Cataclysm.

That said, our overall philosophy is that a dispel should be a "counter". What that essentially means is that you should have to consider when it makes sense to use, rather than it being a test of how quickly you can mash the dispel key when you see a notification or icon representing its' use pop up. Dispelling at the wrong time should have some disadvantages.

We also don't want to see such varying outcomes depending on the class using the dispel ability.